scott999

Best skydiving location

If you had to pick one place to skydive 12 months per year, where would it be?

I'm talking about climate and scenery, NOT amenities, planes, people, etc.

I like the southern california weather, but it's so dusty/dirty. Ditto for AZ.

Florida is too hot and humid half of the year, not to mention the storms and the mosquitoes.

Where is skydiving paradise, or close to it??????

I don't think there is one place where the weather is nice year-round. Weather changes everywhere. So to jump in perfect weather year-round, you would have to be like those surf bums in the movie "Endless Summer" and travel around the world to keep up with whereever the perfect weather is during each season. Or be like lots of "snowbirds" who summer in the north and winter in Florida. Just a thousands miles or so of lattitude makes a huge difference in temperature.

If you don't like the traditional year round skydiving DZs, (everyone always says SoCal, AZ, and FL) try just north of there, where it is not hot, but not so cold you don't want to jump in the winter. All of the southern US has DZs open year round, and from what I have seen online many are very scenic. At my DZ in GA as well as another, you have pretty good views of mountains, very predictable weather patterns, good autumn leaf changes, etc. It all depends on what you like though. Me I want to jump at Sebastion and do their beach jumps and jump at DeLand while camping on the DZs this spring. Its all personal preference. The quality of the DZ should be a priority as well as the scenery, hopefully in that order.

Now because you didn't fill out your profile, don't know if you are planning to start skydiving or an experienced jumper. But if you are a new skydiver, I would suggest going to one of the FL, AZ, or SoCal DZs. They have absolutely great student programs from what I hear, which can be hit or miss in other areas of the US.

scott999

Meh. Pretty views are nice, but would get old really quickly without the things you have on your "NOT" list.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

scott999

If you had to pick one place to skydive 12 months per year, where would it be?

I like the southern california weather, but it's so dusty/dirty. Ditto for AZ.

Florida is too hot and humid half of the year, not to mention the storms and the mosquitoes.

Where is skydiving paradise, or close to it??????

Have you been to 'Snore? OMG, the honies out there are just... B|