1 1
Dive68

Sonoalti 3v speaking altimeter

Voice system are great. They really add value and increase safety. I can't help myself sorry... but the app altipro for Samsung watches is not only providing altitude with its voice warning system, but messages like "pull" or "approaching AAD triggering conditions" which increases safety. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sky.altipro&hl=en_US

20 hours ago, Dive68 said:

I bought the new sonalte 3v speaking altimeter and it totally rocks. It has exceeded my expectations . It's a game changer and was worth the wait to be released, and worth every penny, highly recommend it. Fast shipping got it in two days!

https://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/altimeters/audible-altimeters/sonoalti-3v-speaking-audible-altimeter

Great competition to the VOG, less expensive, small size, and it is available!

(edited)

Just received mine.  The original sonoalti seemed cheaply made, not rugged.  This seems really solid, but haven't used it yet.  They say the KISS helmet is no good for their audible, I say that is not true.  My ear is nearly centered where it is supposed to be, and has worked well for other audibles.  Mounting it in a KISS is easy if you remove the back cover of the "ear cap", then use the foam from the box in which it came to pad/secure it.  I just use rubberbands secured over the screws (no clips needed) to hold the earcap in place.  No tools needed, not as thick, and the unit is protected by the cover.  Better to adapt an audible to fit within the cover and be protected.

Edited by sundevil777