ssj4sadie

Injury preventing you from skydiving?

Just wondering what types of injuries have prevented others from skydiving? I currently have a tear in my right patellar tendon. Although not debilitating I feel it would be irresponsible to jump with as I was only on AFF L4 and haven't stood up a landing yet. I'll more than likely will have surgery on it and won't be able to jump until late summer/fall (yay FJC again...). Do who else in riding the same boat as I?

Is it really worth it? There is always another day to skydive, even if it's not for another few months or however long it takes to heal and get back. Maybe when I was 18 and a newer jumper I would be more 'go go go go,' but it's just not worth it in my (now older) humble opinion. I had a complete tear of my LCL back in March and was out for 4 months-- no tunnel, no jumping, no nothing. Sucks, but it is what it is when something like that happens.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I tore my left should out of socket requiring surgery. Been down since september and will not jump again until cleared by my surgeon. I think I could get back sooner, but a chance to increase my recovery by one week is not worth it. Gravity is going no where, I can patiently wait.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

I broke both Ankles in three places(each) during my landing in Skydive nine. Not sure I'll ever be able to skydive again. Docs tell me too much at risk with even a small bad landing. Looks like I may be cut short from moving on to jump 10.

You all have fun and enjoy the Blue Skies.