Toni Hummer

Undie Hundie? What Else?!

Question

Hey there - I'm pretty new to the sport. Got my A license in July and my B license last Saturday. I have 67 jumps in and am wondering what milestones/traditions there are.

I know for your 100th jump you're supposed to do your Undie Hundie (underwear or naked from what I understand), but I also heard something about a pie? 

What other traditions are there? I was thinking a cartwheel exit for my 69th would be fitting since I'm a 16 year old boy trapped in a 35 year old woman's body ;)

4 answers to this question

Cartwheeling out sounds fun, a lot easier to do from a Skyvan. I wanted to do a Bat Hang exit for one of my special jumps but the dzo wouldn't let me.

I did my 100th naked. I vote for that. There are ways to retain your privacy if needed, like wear a fanny pack with a cover up and land away from everyone and put it on.

Hitting the person after they land with whipped cream or shaving cream pies is a def thing for the 100th and 1000th jumps.

People will often do special jumps with their friends on other major jump intervals (500th, 2000th, 3000th or others that feel important).

and of course when you die and they cremate you, you can come along on one final traditional jump, the ash dive. 

Pies (in the face of the 'awarded' jumper) are something 'bestowed' for milestone jumps.

100, 500, 1000 and subsequent 'triple zero' jumps.

If (when) you end up under your reserve, you owe the rigger who packed that reserve a bottle of his choice.
That can also be used for other notable 'saves'. I remember Rook presenting Pilot Dave with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue for not breaking the Caravan.

And, of course, beer. In short, accomplishing a 'first' means you buy a case of beer to share out. It's a lot deeper than thirsty jumpers mooching beer off the new guy (or girl). The basic concept is that as you are sharing out the beer for whatever 'first' you have accomplished, the experienced jumpers share stories of their notable firsts. Its a really good way to learn a lot of useful stuff, and its a good way to get to know the people you will be spending a LOT of time with.

Beer rules:
http://crwdog.servebeer.com/CRWdog/Beer_Rules.html

6 minutes ago, kleggo said:

Thanks for linking to Wendy's beer rules

Totally missed that it was hers.

Just did a search and this was what came up.

I've seen a couple different ones, this one is as good as any.