lifesatrip

Broke middle finger on 4-way

We were pulling a 4way out of a Cessna C206. I was rear float, had my left hand on the door frame and my right hand on the front float persons left arm grip. We were both full out side the plane. I was given a shake by the guy doing rear dive that everyone was ready, I gave the key, leg out, in, and out and went. They didn't, not sure why. When I went my right middle finger broke. The bone that broke was right at the joint, the 3rd bone from the end and it looked like someone hit it one the end with a hammer. The joint area compressed down and broke in about 5 pieces.
Anyone ever hear of this before?

Anyone ever hear of this before?

almost exactly same thing

I think it's a major difference that in the post you linked to, the guy had his hand stuck inside the door which seems like it could easily break something. This guy is saying it was his hand that was grabbing the other guy's gripper. It seems odd to me that you could hold onto a gripper tight enough to break a finger. :(

What is a Pillock?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

It was the last jump of my coach 2 course and we had to turn atleast 6 points. I knew as soon as it happened that it was broken. According to the other people on the 4way I was shacking my hand and they couldn't figure out why. Once we got together we turned 6 points before I was in so much pain I tracked off. Adrenaline is a wonderful thing, I deployed my main like it was a normal jump. When it came time for landing, I don't know what I was thinking but I carved in the landing and had once of the nicer swoops that I have had. Once the swoop stopped I dropped to the ground.

Vitamin deficiency Is my call.

I was on the dive and I cant believe anything but that you must have been on some heavy horse steroids and your muscles when at 100% (Like they should on a good 4way) literally ripped your bones apart.

you need more food. and nutrients. Most can be found in beer. The others are really not important.

Its lucky it was your finger and not the plane? hehe.

What a way to end a coach 2 course.

L8r,

00Billy

I hurt a finger during RW once -- but it was only a sprain (finger bent backwards). Probably during a burble moment (where me and another jumper interacted, can't remember whose fault)

I don't know how it happened. I only noticed when I was back on the ground, that one of my fingers were in pain.

I'm learning that RW is hazardous to fingers. ;)

And learning you don't notice very minor injuries until AFTER you land. B| :S

I kept jumping, nothing broken, just was a little painful to bend one of the fingers for a few days.

It was an injury directly attributable to skydiving participation that requires trained medical attention, I reckon.

I slightly scratched my knee once on the packing room floor. Should I start an incident thread?

Did it require trained medical attention? :o:P I do have blood on my pilotchute, blood sacrifice to a brand new canopy for letting me pack it. :D

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."