SpeakLife92

Your AFF Length

JohnMitchell

I totally agree. People with tunnel time have a huge advantage in AFF. As long as they respect the sport, I see no disadvantage as some people do. :)

I only did 10 minutes tunnel time before my AFF but I'm sure it made a huge difference to my stability on exit and in free-fall. I never had an unstable exit during AFF, I had to do the backflips to demonstrate instability and recovery. Since the cost of the tunnel time was similar to the cost of redoing a level, I definitely think it was money well spent :)
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

PixieUK

***I totally agree. People with tunnel time have a huge advantage in AFF. As long as they respect the sport, I see no disadvantage as some people do. :)

I only did 10 minutes tunnel time before my AFF but I'm sure it made a huge difference to my stability on exit and in free-fall. I never had an unstable exit during AFF, I had to do the backflips to demonstrate instability and recovery. Since the cost of the tunnel time was similar to the cost of redoing a level, I definitely think it was money well spent :)
Tunnel did nothing for my exits, but admittedly it helped with confidence and stability as well as recovery.

I think as technology progresses we will see people using it more. Love the Harley analogy above too.

That.. and the tunnel is just fun. You lose the exit, riding the hill, deployment and canopy flight with all the joys of landing; but realistically that's a LOT to learn so any steps you can pre-learn seem like it would allow more "brain" to be used for the other skills which are equally important.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

This is an interesting thread for me.

I did my first 3 AFF levels in April 2007 over a week period. Then I had to stop completely due to money problems.

Took me 6 years to finish it, retook the AFF last november from level 2 and finished in a week.

Therefore, from start to finish, it took me 6 years and 6 months to pass AFF heheheeh.

Three months from Level 1 to A-license. Two months for just AFF.

I was learning in TX in the summer and it was either clear and too windy or calm but overcast.

That said, I lived at the DZ on the weekends during that time period and learned A LOT that I would never have had the chance to had my progression taken place in a week.

Just because you're not jumping doesn't mean you can't be learning.

hokierower

Three months from Level 1 to A-license. Two months for just AFF.

I was learning in TX in the summer and it was either clear and too windy or calm but overcast.

That said, I lived at the DZ on the weekends during that time period and learned A LOT that I would never have had the chance to had my progression taken place in a week.

Just because you're not jumping doesn't mean you can't be learning.

Agreed ! I think that is where buying a copy of the SIM comes in handy.