nipp1e_boy

Hi I'm back

Just logging on to this website after a break. Saw a couple of messages asking if I went in. Answer is no but thanks for asking. Glad to see this place still hopping, has teh issue of freeflyers exit first or belly flyers been settled? Have a fun story about that but thats for another time.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

"Safety First! Fun Forever!"

4 hours ago, nipp1e_boy said:

freeflyers exit first or belly flyers been settled?

Depends where you jump I guess. In the UK, BPA (now BS..) sends freeflyers out before flat. The DZ's I've jumped at in Spain do the reverse. And just to be different, at Empuriabrava, tandems can often be despatched between fun jumpers, depending on the jump run and wind conditions. It's coastal and there's a big town just off the DZ, between DZ and ocean.

16 hours ago, nipp1e_boy said:

Glad to see this place still hopping, has teh issue of freeflyers exit first or belly flyers been settled?

Mostly it depends where in the world the DZ is. In Western Europe they will usually have a vote to decide the issue. In more macho Latin countries each group will choose a champion and it will be decided in a friendly arm wrestling contest. Of course in the USA the group with the best armaments gets to choose, in a tie there will often be a shootout with the survivors doing whatever they want. In other words, it’s pretty much the same as you remember.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2023 at 3:45 PM, gowlerk said:

Mostly it depends where in the world the DZ is. In Western Europe they will usually have a vote to decide the issue. In more macho Latin countries each group will choose a champion and it will be decided in a friendly arm wrestling contest. Of course in the USA the group with the best armaments gets to choose, in a tie there will often be a shootout with the survivors doing whatever they want. In other words, it’s pretty much the same as you remember.

Good to know! Familiar with the arm wrestling in western europe. But shootout on jump run sounds dangerous and I'm all about safety.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

"Safety First! Fun Forever!"