sfzombie13

any chance of getting the map for dropzones back?

i don't know for sure which state the dz is in that i am looking for but i know where i am going.  i can't find it in a list, but it sure is easy on a map.  and it helps to see where other dropzones are in relation to the route i am traveling.  i can't be the only one who really uses the map.

(edited)

with the way facebook is taking over and losing the free email the site had years back the forum is the only part of this site left worth looking at.  you're right though, the one dz i was looking for by state wasn't listed anyway.  i hated when they changed the format last time and this time it's a tad worse too.  oh well, i guess you get what you pay for...

Edited by sfzombie13
typo

(edited)

Part of the problem is that the DZ listing are "owned" by whoever created them... presumably the DZ owners. As such, edits are their responsibility. There isn't a process for updating listings except by the owners. If a DZ disappears or the owners change the listings go out of date.

Unfortunately dz.com has lst relevance so those DZ owners no longer see any value in keeping the listings up to date.

Edited by IanHarrop

On 7/4/2023 at 3:51 PM, IanHarrop said:

Part of the problem is that the DZ listing are "owned" by whoever created them... presumably the DZ owners. As such, edits are their responsibility. There isn't a process for updating listings except by the owners. If a DZ disappears or the owners change the listings go out of date.

Unfortunately dz.com has lst relevance so those DZ owners no longer see any value in keeping the listings up to date.

This is correct. The way the system was setup is that listings are created and owned by Dropzones themselves, and they are requested to keep their listings up to date and relevant to interested visitors. Only the owners of the listings and admins can make changes to them.

Anyone looking to make changes to existing listings can send through the changes to me via PM and I will gladly amend the listings (I occasionally receive this info).

Regarding the map. There is currently a map. Clicking on each pin will show the DZ name. Are there specific changes you guys are looking for regarding the map?

dz.jpg