1 1
airdvr

What's your body count

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

You mean like assholes?

Not actually, although the old, tired, and so overused, joke is safely intact in it's unoriginal glory. I meant about you individually. And me individually, and Brent individually, and Ken, and many others here who necessarily expose themselves laying it out as they see it. In this instance, to be frank, you should have kept your own counsel, seems to me.

20 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Not actually, although the old, tired, and so overused, joke is safely intact in it's unoriginal glory. I meant about you individually. And me individually, and Brent individually, and Ken, and many others here who necessarily expose themselves laying it out as they see it. In this instance, to be frank, you should have kept your own counsel, seems to me.

I get it. But this is the only place I’d ever say these things

49 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I get it. But this is the only place I’d ever say these things

Brother, if at this stage of your life you are compelled to discuss such things on the internet with people you've never met in person, and truly barely know at all, you have some real, deep seated, issues. 

Not everyone is the same. I remember posters posting nekkid pictures, their sexual preferences, all kinds of stuff. Strikes me that someone retired (or nearly there), not worried about losing their job is just the person to post smack if they want to.

Wendy P. 

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Not everyone is the same. I remember posters posting nekkid pictures, their sexual preferences, all kinds of stuff. Strikes me that someone retired (or nearly there), not worried about losing their job is just the person to post smack if they want to.

Wendy P. 

Wendy,

What are you saying? Is it about airdvr? Is it about just anything? Are you just being moderate? I am really asking you to define what you mean by what you wrote.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I guess it's saying why do you care so much to jump all over airdvr? It's his life. Not worth getting worked up over.

Wendy P.

Why? Well, because to my mind, a retirement age man going online to compare his lifetime bedding conquests with people he doesn't know, against all of the headwinds women face today, is about as tone deaf as it gets. That a very thoughtful person such a yourself is open to normalizing the behavior is especially confusing. It must be that I'm just a bit of a prude.

I'm assuming that there was consent in that. And you'll recall he wasn't proud of it. It's a harbinger to a past time, but while I don't advocate for people being like that now, I can't change the past.

Wendy P.

(edited)
7 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I guess it's saying why do you care so much to jump all over airdvr? It's his life. Not worth getting worked up over.

Wendy P.

Some come here to post. Some come here to judge posts. Some do both. Only men would count bodies publically. Women would just act as if we never have met and move on.

Edited by gowlerk

Just now, gowlerk said:

I found the good Dr.'s QED to be most ironic.

I don't doubt that for a second, given your judgmental tendencies: "Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms."

Also, ironic has a different meaning, I think.

Just now, JoeWeber said:

Also, ironic has a different meaning, I think.

English language dictionaries are freely available for you to use. I had to use references to find the meaning of QED and laughed pretty hard when I did.

40 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And suddenly Crickets. No surprise. 

Uh.... it's Saturday night and I have company? Read the thread from the top. If you don't get it it will be because you choose not to. The explanation is right in it. There is nothing more for me to say.

58 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Uh.... it's Saturday night and I have company? Read the thread from the top. If you don't get it it will be because you choose not to. The explanation is right in it. There is nothing more for me to say.

Thanks Brent, much appreciated.

On 5/22/2023 at 12:20 PM, kleggo said:

not enough?

too many?

hard to say.

To those that listen to the SDR podcast, you may remember my voicemail to them in memory of Mark Vickers.

Circa 1982 we had a "competition" at the local DZ in Canton Ohio to see who would "sleep" with the most students during one summer season (Memorial Day - Labor Day).

Mark won.

Ps, we had two females also competing. I think they finished #2 and #?.

mark vickers canto air sports.PNG

I so miss Mark.  I laughed at the original caption.  Something about making them get off the jumpsuit before it got messy.