sky-pimp

now this is interesting ??

The video is of an "on the floor" attempt at extracting the canopy from a speed bag using the same kind of technique that can be used with a "safety stow and loose pouch" bag. The speedbag is specifically designed NOT to work that way. It utilizes ALL of the forces involved in a cutaway situation.

Jumpshack has an article on their new website (still under construction but viewable here) http://www.jumpshack.com/portal/content.asp?contentid=751 and have uploaded a real time reserve deployment on skydivingmovies.com here http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3521
There are some people resistant to the speedbag because it doesn't work like the older bags, it just takes a little understanding. I know a rigger who still jumps with shot and a half capewells because she doesn't trust the three ring system. It just takes time, and some are a little harder to convince than others. I am NOT and I repeat NOTgetting into a debate here because it's been thrashed to death on gear and rigging. As someone who has done a few intentional cutaways on the system, and has one on my personal sport and tandem rig, I trust it completely. I'm out........ (so don't bitch at me or debate me here, I mean it ;))
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

The video is of an "on the floor" attempt at extracting the canopy from a speed bag using the same kind of technique that can be used with a "safety stow and loose pouch" bag. The speedbag is specifically designed NOT to work that way. It utilizes ALL of the forces involved in a cutaway situation.

i gotta tell ya, i've got over three hundred repacks and i have never seen any other deployment device lock up "on the floor". i mean you gotta unpack 'em to repack 'em. i am not the most experienced rigger in the world, but i definitely believe there is a potentially lethal snagpoint on the current design of the racer speedbag.

There are some people resistant to the speedbag because it doesn't work like the older bags,

i gotta agree with you on that one.

pulling is cool. keep it in the skin