SFBayArea

HALO in CA?

I want to do HALO jump. Preferably 30K jump - military style with the oxygen masks, etc. I wonder if any DZ offers these kind of jumps in CA?
I called Skydive Perris and they told me that they only do HALO for military groups since those are coming in big groups and I assume pay good $$$.
Any other DZ offers HALO within 500 miles of San Francisco?

Thanks.

Call Skydance in Davis. They just did two of them this past weekend.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

SFBayArea

I want to do HALO jump. Preferably 30K jump - military style with the oxygen masks, etc. I wonder if any DZ offers these kind of jumps in CA?
I called Skydive Perris and they told me that they only do HALO for military groups since those are coming in big groups and I assume pay good $$$.
Any other DZ offers HALO within 500 miles of San Francisco?

Thanks.

Keep an eye on Tsunami's Facebook page. Rich tried to get one going earlier, and had intentions to do so again.

SFBayArea

Thank you guys. Indeed Skydance at Davis run HALO from 30K altitude few times per year. However, they require C license for that and I am only B now :-(. Will have to make more jumps and get the C license before I can do HALO.

WAIVER.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

SFBayArea

Thank you guys. Indeed Skydance at Davis run HALO from 30K altitude few times per year. However, they require C license for that and I am only B now :-(. Will have to make more jumps and get the C license before I can do HALO.

You'll need to be medically certified (FAA Class III?) and it will cost > $500 for the jump.

Why do you want to do the military style HALO from 30k

We made a jump from the low 20k ft at z hills in Fl cost was the price of 2 lift tickets and they even supplied oxygen on the ride to altitude.

Check around in CA for something similar, if your interested. ;)

One Jump Wonder