JoeWeber

Ukrainian women on the front lines

Seems that most underestimated the will of the Ukrainian people to protect, and now take back, their country. There will be a ton of suffering this winter.

I'm wondering if they will start throwing missiles at Russian infrastructure to give Putin another reason to just stop.

21 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Seems that most underestimated the will of the Ukrainian people to protect, and now take back, their country. There will be a ton of suffering this winter.

I'm wondering if they will start throwing missiles at Russian infrastructure to give Putin another reason to just stop.

Probably not. A requirement of receiving HIMAR's was that they would not be used against Russian territory. The Ukrainians have that ability now but are conforming to the agreement. I see that given their fidelity that we might now give them our ATACMS systems enabling them to hit deep into the Crimea. I hope so, anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

From the photo's I'm seeing there are a lot of women fighting at the front in Ukraine. I expect new paradigms are being formed that will cause change in armed forces around the world. Good.

Perhaps if its the men starting the wars it should be the men in the meat grinder?

AFAIK only two women in the last two centuries have sent their countries to war. Both after being attacked.

Kyiv-born Golda Meir becomes a symbol of hope for Ukrainians of the Six day War. Now there was a woman. Men started the war and she wrapped it up in four days.

and  How the Falklands War Cemented Margaret Thatcher's Reputation as the 'Iron Lady'

after all “If Russia lays down its weapons, there is no war. If Ukraine lays down its weapons, there is no Ukraine,”

Edited by Phil1111

Remember that few of those Ukrainian female soldiers were first-line shooters.

The bulk of these October-released Ukrainian female soldiers were medics, truck drivers, mechanics, signallers, blanket-stackers, etc.

Modern, mechanized armies have very long tooth-to-tail ratios with up to 4 support soldiers for every shooter.

For comparison, during World War 2 (Great Patriotic War) the Soviet Army suffered such heavy casualties, that by the time the captured Berlin, their ranks were 25 female.