1 1
brenthutch

Virtue signaling

Such a champion of the common man, yet so interested in our knowing how well off he is himself.

Brent, never having to rent a truck doesn’t make you better or worse. A hockey mom with three dogs needs a big-ass SUV; I don’t. Neither is better.

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If you can afford it, it is no big deal. Just paid $974 for my wife’s schedule B, State inspection and tire rotation.

I pay about $90 a year for trailer rental for the perhaps four times I need one.  Total gas cost is around $50 per year.

But hey, if virtue signaling is worth it to you, knock yourself out.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

I pay about $90 a year for trailer rental for the perhaps four times I need one.  Total gas cost is around $50 per year.

But hey, if virtue signaling is worth it to you, knock yourself out.

If anything it is affluence signaling and I’m not doing it my wife is.

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If anything it is affluence signaling and I’m not doing it my wife is.

What is your name, then?  I've been calling you Brent or BH and I'd rather call people by the name and gender they prefer to be called by.  Is it Brent/her?

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

What is your name, then?  I've been calling you Brent or BH and I'd rather call people by the name and gender they prefer to be called by.  Is it Brent/her?

Good call, I hadn't even thought of that possibility. Apologies Brent if I have been misgendering you all along. Now I understand your fixation on this topic a bit more.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Good call, I hadn't even thought of that possibility. Apologies Brent if I have been misgendering you all along. Now I understand your fixation on this topic a bit more.

I think it is funny how it all comes back to me.  Apparently I am living rent free in the brains of more than just poor Olof.

Edited by brenthutch