1 1
alexey

Ukrainian letter to parachute gear manufacturer, supply material manufacturer, dealers

Hello.

My name is Oleksiy Sharadkin, I am the owner of SkyWideSystems company, and I have been a SOF operator since February 24.

As you might know, on February 24 Russia attacked our country.

Due to the differences in size, economies and human resources foreign military experts gave us a week ( the ruscists planned to hold a parade in Kyiv on the 4th day), but we have already been fighting for 4 month. We repulsed the offensive and drove the enemy back to the border in the Kiev, Chernigov and Sumy regions.

You will find more information about the war on my FB page

The situation is not so bad in a military sense thanks to the military assistance of the allies. We are no longer talking about the conquest of Ukraine. We are fighting in the east and in the south, reclaiming our land.

The only one problem is that there are a lot of Russians, and elimination of them takes a lot of time.

During this time they can cause irreparable harm to civilians in the occupied territories.

You might have seen photos from Bucha. They are awful.

The worst thing is that this is happening in all the territories that have been occupied. My subdivision liberated villages in the north of Ukraine - and I personally saw a raped and hanged 10-11 years old  girl.

In order to decrease the time of occupation, we need help. Not only the military (the situation here is not that bad, thank you), but also the economic one.

I am asking the entire skydiving industry to stop all business with Russia.

I am asking material manufacturers to stop selling any materials to Russia, and FOR Russia.

Military equipment takes more than 80% of the turnover of Russian parachute manufacturers now! And given that the parachute industry is so small, it will be obvious to any rigger where these materials come from. You don't want to be considered suppliers of the Russian army, do you?

I am also asking parachute equipment manufacturers to stop any sales of parachute equipment to Russia and FOR Russia.

I am asking you to do this in order to cause the maximum possible damage to the Russian economy.

The sale of parachute equipment is a high-margin business. It includes dropzones, shops, dealers, riggers. This is the money turnover and taxes, that help to finance Russian army and the genocide of Ukrainians. This is definitely not the vital kind of business.

I'm asking you to do this because the skydive fraternity talks are not working any more. 76% of Russians support the war in Ukraine. It is more than it was in Nazi Germany!

Given the size of Russia, and the amount of military equipment left after the Cold War, they will be destroying peaceful Ukrainians in the occupied territories for a very long time before we kill all of them.

Therefore, I am asking you to strike at the Russian economy, to make them think about the food for their families, but not about the rape. To make them return to their home and leave Ukraine.

You may ask: "what does the sale of one parachute mean for the economy"?

Perhaps, nothing, or, perhaps, it might matter a lot.

Such kind of letters are now written to all businesses operating in Russia.

Those letters are already working against the Russian economy and are destroying it.

Of course, one parachute sold will not destroy the Russian economy,but it will show your attitude towards the genocide in Ukraine.

There are still some corporations that are trying to do business as usual with Russia or looking for workarounds. You can see them suffer reputational losses,because of that.

Even one sold parachute will be noticed by the skydiving community in such a small industry

The skydiving community will appreciate the side you took.

Please choose the correct side.

Help us defeat  ruscism!

• Like 4

If it is any consolation, the majority of Canadian and American skydivers believe that the current Russian invasion of Ukraine is foolish.

You should direct your letter to the Parachute Industry Association who supply the majority of parachute fabrics and hardware. If they stop selling materials to Russian parachute factories, Russian production will soon suffer.

Technodinamika Group will no longer be able to brag about building "stealth" parachutes.

24 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

If it is any consolation, the majority of Canadian and American skydivers believe that the current Russian invasion of Ukraine is foolish.

You should direct your letter to the Parachute Industry Association who supply the majority of parachute fabrics and hardware. If they stop selling materials to Russian parachute factories, Russian production will soon suffer.

Technodinamika Group will no longer be able to brag about building "stealth" parachutes.

Hi Rob,

I submitted Alexey's letter to the PIA about a month or so ago.  I have not heard anything from them since.

Jerry Baumchen

Alexey, best of luck.