Nowjamessays

Significant others

radical_flyer

I would also point out that it's an arm grip, not "holding your hand" and that AFF starts out as free arm flying (they let go of your arms) from level 1.

That was a joke, son. It's OK. Just as I think you're a little too eager to dump on other people's way into skydiving, I care less how you're learning (though I am interested in general) than that you are learning to skydive, which makes me happy.

My wife makes fun of my AFF training, but - just so we're clear here - she knows how AFF works, and she is joking too.

Enjoy the learning-to-skydive ride, for you will only get to do it once, whichever path you take.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Well now I've seen some good arguments on the merits of other methods and I understand/agree with most of them, like this one:
obelixtim

General reply......
AFF is also inefficient.

As an instruction method, I can (with 1 assistant) train and jump 40 people in a weekend, as opposed to AFF which will tie up two AFF jump masters for a weekend, training and jumping with one student.

Over my jump career I have introduced over 10,000 people to the sport, via the SL method. Hundreds of them have gone on to become JMs, TMs, Instructors and Drop Zone owners. I doubt if I could have done that had I used AFF as my instruction method (in fact AFF had not been invented for a long time after I started training)

SL students can be jumping while the AFF guys sit waiting for the cloud base to lift.

Which do you think will progress the sport more?

Introducing 40 people to the sport, or one.

IMO, AFF instruction will bring about death of skydiving, albeit slowly.

Joellercoaster

I care less how you're learning (though I am interested in general) than that you are learning to skydive, which makes me happy.

Enjoy the learning-to-skydive ride, for you will only get to do it once, whichever path you take.

Cool thanks man.