skydiverek

Hardcore accident video compilation

Hellbender

******Geez! How many of those were fatalities?

noneUm, what about that base jump off the tower at 3:00 with a pilot chute in tow down into the snow? That looked like death from high speed impact for sure.

You haven't met many Russians.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

tikl68

Agreed but even after a pin and handle check when you climb out dont show the back of your rig to the bulk head, turn to the center if you are floating, if multiple floaters are in the door way the front float and rear float should climb out first and rear float should be mindful that his pilot chute is probably in contact the bulk head, minimize movement. And think about where you are dragging your pilot chute across as you move towards the door. At least 2 of the clips where peoples pins or pilot chute snagging some part of the plane structure.

Very true.

Long story is that I had my pin popped on an Otter climbout, back when I jumped a pull-out. I felt my bag leave and looked to see my pilot chute on the guy next to me. I immediately shoved off the plane and was under canopy a second later.

Now, when I climbout, I give a glance or two downwind just to make sure none of my stuff is leaving early. :S:D

normiss

I'd challenge you to find a few videos from that region of the world with even half decent music.
Thankfully Youtube has a mute button specifically for this situation.
:D:D:D

Speakinog of that. Here is another great compilation of "holy shit". Prepare to mute.... music is Madonna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyZ27d9dwGQ
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Wow quick thinking. I jump with the Wuest ways on a regular basis and we rarely have a group smaller than 25 and as a floater I often see on these and other loads with multiple floaters the people in the middle having to squeeze their way out and I am always nervous as they do about a pilot chute getting extracted as they slide their rig against other rigs/bodies and all this after a pin/pilot chute check that looks good.

tikl68

Wow quick thinking.

:D:D Believe me, no "thinking" was done. :D

To paraphrase that book, "All I Need to Know in Life I Learned in the First Jump Course."

Of course, we teach that if your stuff goes, exit immediately and follow it. As much as my brain was saying "HOLY CRAP!" I knew I had to shove off and go, no questions asked.

Later we talked about what had happened. We were jumping with a bunch of locals in Costa Rica, so there was a language barrier. We were at the front of the Twin Otter when, on jump run, the organizer said we were first out.:S

So we climbed/threaded/squirmed our way down the crowded aisle back to the door, and I'm pretty sure that's how my pin got popped. These days I protect extra well when moving around. :)