airdvr

Climate envoy

If there was ever a climate envoy for stupidity and waste of the US taxpayers money its trump.

"Last week with a major hurricane bearing down on Houston, President Donald Trump tweeted, “As #HurricaneHarvey intensifies—remember to #PlanAhead.” Sound advice. But just one week prior, Trump signed an executive order overturning an in-progress Obama-era directive intended to help the country prepare for flooding as it becomes more frequent in some places largely due to climate change.

The previous administration came up with the Federal Flood Risk Management Standard after Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New York and New Jersey and caused more than $62 billion in damage. The rule required new housing and infrastructure projects receiving public money to be elevated 2 to 3 feet above their local 100-year flood height—the same standard applied by the Rebuild by Design competition in New York and New Jersey after Sandy.

Now that the rule has been revoked, “taxpayer dollars will likely be wasted through investments in projects that could be washed away in the next storm,” said Rachel Cleetus, climate policy manager at the Union of Concerned Scientists, in a statement.

For Mark Ginsberg, FAIA, a partner at New York–based Curtis + Ginsberg Architects who co-chaired a post-Sandy housing task force organized by the AIA New York chapter, this ruling demonstrates a clear regression in flood policy. "It took FEMA years to change the rule to something more intelligent and forward thinking,” Ginsberg says. “And now it is being taken back.”

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

hehe...pretty arrogant to think you aren't being manipulated as well.

I'm sure it does but why would that make me arrogant? When I do a google search I keep getting technical medical thesis, engineering papers about design stuff that I have no interest in. It usually takes me several more searches to get out of the science/technical side of google search results.

Now the story quoted above shows why there was such a close link between trump, realtors, property developers and the right wing of the GOP.  It illustrates how they can all develop Florida and Texas flood-planes into new subdivisions. Sell it all off with the developers making 100's of millions. The realtors making 7% on it and the taxpayer picking up the tab every 10 years or so to rebuild it all.

Otherwise known as a racket.

Edited by Phil1111

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I'm sure it does but why would that make me arrogant? When I do a google search I keep getting technical medical thesis, engineering papers about design stuff that I have no interest in. It usually takes me several more searches to get out of the science/technical side of google search results.

Wow...you went from arrogant to virtue signaling in 2 minutes.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Its ok we all at SC know already how google and Facebook manipulate him.

that ain't even close.  click the link open in another tab, the click play and listen while you surf.  has some shit in there about black psyops being used in this country.