polinab508

What's the deal with the Parasport F Series jumpsuits?

Does anyone own one of these? I'm a new A license holder that just dropped 4K on my first gear and even though another $600 doesn't sound like that much of an expenditure comparatively, I would much rather prefer a used or stock jumpsuit over a custom made one. I understand the benefits of a perfectly fitting jumpsuit, especially for a beginner. However never being one for designer brands or fashion, the concept of customizing my own jumpsuit so early in the game is providing me more stress than I'd like. Plus if I can save some mula and time on obtaining my first jumpsuit, that'd be great.

The problem with used jumpsuits is they're impossible to find, especially for a smaller person such as myself, which makes sense - why would you get rid of a jumpsuit before it wears out? Which brings me to non-custom options. I landed upon the Parasport F1 jumpsuit, which looks and sounds, in theory, as a better option than alternatives such as JOIN, for example. However, I can't for the life of me find any reviews or even any photos of a single person wearing one. I've seen a couple mixed reviews on parasport gear outside of the freefly jumpsuit, however nothing specifically for that product. The company website also makes it very difficult to find any kind of contact information and additional product description which worries me. Anyone own this jumpsuit or know anyone that does? Anyone know of any other brands out there that make a quality freefly jumpsuit? Thanks!

http://www.paragear.com/skydiving/10000274/L1199/EVOLUTION-FREEFLY-SKYDIVING-JUMPSUIT
or
http://www.paragear.com/parachutes/10000012/SLIPSTREAM-II-SKYDIVING-JUMPSUITS

if you really can't find a used suit.

Fill in your profile so we can help you. Tell us what you mean by small. Look through the classifieds here and the gear for sale on facebook. Also I've found many folks don't bother so much advertising/selling old jumpsuits. They just kind of collect. Hang out at your DZ and ask around. And post a Wanted classified ad to find out what is in the closets.

There is NO reason for a new jumper like you to buy a custom suit until you know what you want to do, check out suits others own and learn how to land your canopy. BTW you SHOULD get a jumpsuit because they not only offer aid in flying (falling faster than without, slower than without, bigger range maneuver better) but they are a piece of safety equipment. Keeps your clothes from interfering with your equipment (covering handles) or beating your face silly flapping in the wind. Protects body from abrasions (dry cut stems of grass can rip skin, like thorns, branches, runways).
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

There is NO reason for a new jumper like you to buy a custom suit until you know what you want to do, check out suits others own and learn how to land your canopy. BTW you SHOULD get a jumpsuit because they not only offer aid in flying (falling faster than without, slower than without, bigger range maneuver better) but they are a piece of safety equipment. Keeps your clothes from interfering with your equipment (covering handles) or beating your face silly flapping in the wind. Protects body from abrasions (dry cut stems of grass can rip skin, like thorns, branches, runways).

So there's NO reason to get a custom as a beginner, but you SHOULD wear a jumpsuit for all the reasons you listed...

If you're going to buy a jumpsuit anyway, and you can afford a custom that fits perfectly, why wouldn't you?
Unless I'm missing something, it seems that affordability is your only point here?
blank

I think every jumper should have a few jumpsuits, but you don't need a handful out of the gates.

Your mileage will vary depending on your DZ.

My DZO used to be a belly guy, so the advice was to get a decent RW suit first. Now the DZO's are freeflyers, so all the new jumpers are getting custom freefly suits for their first suit... and then using them mostly to do belly RW.:P

You can do decent RW with freefly suit that gives you a reasonable fall rate on your belly, so I can't say that I find a flaw with that. But I still think a good RW suit with booties are an essential part of any gear bag.

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P