1 1
airdvr

Twats in DC - no deal tonight

(edited)

I agree with Ryoder.

I truly hope that no shipping line that registers its ships outside the USA** gets a penny of taxpayer money.

** They do this to avoid complying with US safety, labor and tax laws.

I also suggest that airline execs, who collectively have paid themselves over $600Million in bonuses over the past 5 years, should engage in some self-help before accepting a bailout.

Edited by kallend

(edited)
4 minutes ago, kallend said:

I agree with Ryoder.

I truly hope that no shipping line that registers its ships outside the USA** gets a penny of taxpayer money.

** They do this to avoid complying with US safety, labor and tax laws.

Here is an article from The Verge, published yesterday, on just that topic: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/23/21187076/cruise-line-industry-bailout-trump-coronavirus-us-companies-tax

Edited by ryoder

14 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not blind to it.  

On several occasions I have admitted it.

Have you?

Really though? You've admitted on occasion that you have some bias in general but claim to be better than everyone else because youre aware of it. However, as far as I can see you haven't admitted that any specific position you currently hold is driven by bias, and you've haven't recently changed any opinion you've put forward when it has been pointed out to you that it was founded on bias. All while you continue to judge people with wildly different criteria depending on which side of the aisle they sit.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Really though? You've admitted on occasion that you have some bias in general but claim to be better than everyone else because youre aware of it.

>>>>Not better, just more honest.

However, as far as I can see you haven't admitted that any specific position you currently hold is driven by bias, and you've haven't recently changed any opinion you've put forward when it has been pointed out to you that it was founded on bias.

>>>>>Its not about a position I hold.  Its about pointing out when I see bias as a driving point, you know - when the feels get in the way.

All while you continue to judge people with wildly different criteria depending on which side of the aisle they sit.

>>>>> Not true

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Not better, just more honest.

No, just more hypocritical as well as one of the more biased. Pretending you're more aware of it than anyone else while still allowing it to infect seemingly your every viewpoint and never re-evaluating your opinion when called on it. That's dishonest.

All while you continue to judge people with wildly different criteria depending on which side of the aisle they sit.

>>>>> Not true

QED.

Biden. Clinton. Pelosi. The guy who accidentally got one pronoun wrong talking about transgender. You always assume the absolute worst about them, regardless if there's any shred of evidence. you call other people naive for not joining you in assuming the worst. Wildly, wildly different to how you treat any accusation against Trump, where there must be absolute proof up to and including his exact internal thought process at the time he made a statement or the accuser is simply being a partisan hack.

Right now you're simply exhibiting rank dishonesty about your extreme bias.

1 minute ago, jakee said:

No, just more hypocritical as well as one of the more biased. Pretending you're more aware of it than anyone else while still allowing it to infect seemingly your every viewpoint and never re-evaluating your opinion when called on it. That's dishonest.

QED.

Biden. Clinton. Pelosi. The guy who accidentally got one pronoun wrong talking about transgender. You always assume the absolute worst about them, regardless if there's any shred of evidence. you call other people naive for not joining you in assuming the worst. Wildly, wildly different to how you treat any accusation against Trump, where there must be absolute proof up to and including his exact internal thought process at the time he made a statement or the accuser is simply being a partisan hack.

Right now you're simply exhibiting rank dishonesty about your extreme bias.

I can admit it. You refuse to.

That is the difference.

32 minutes ago, kallend said:

I also suggest that airline execs, who collectively have paid themselves over $600Million in bonuses over the past 5 years, should engage in some self-help before accepting a bailout.

I've been thinking about this and frankly, social responsibility has to cut both ways. There's going to need to be huge government spending to prop up all tiers of the economy going forward, and those companies that are lucky enough to be in a sector that remains operational and continues to trade well, and those individuals who are hoarding the immense wealth they already hold need to give back. Companies like Amazon, McDonalds, Microsoft and Facebook, individuals like Bezos, Gates, Buffet, Zuckerberg, the Jobs estate - they could collectively be giving hundreds of billions of dollars back to the system to help offset the losses that everyone else is facing. It could, for the first time, actually be useful to society that any one person is that rich with so much surplus cash they could give away and not even notice.

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I can admit it. You refuse to.

That is the difference.

But you don't admit it. You just denied a constant and repeated example of your bias that is as obvious as the nose on your face.

You lie about recognising it, you lie about admitting it in any meaningful way. That is the difference.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jakee said:

But you don't admit it. You just denied a constant and repeated example of your bias that is as obvious as the nose on your face.

You lie about recognising it, you lie about admitting it in any meaningful way. That is the difference.

You see - this is all a Turtle bash - with no recognition to your own description. 

You are what you are saying I am - just with out the initial admission of bias.

AND, 

At least I have used the information here and actually reflected on it and changed some of my views more toward center. 

Don't you wish you could say that?  Or, do you still know everything, and know what is best for everyone?

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You see - this is all a Turtle bash - with no recognition to your own description. 

It's a response to the dishonesty and hypocrisy you exhibit over and over again in publically claiming you're better than most everyone else you talk to here.

Don't you wish you could say that?  Or, do you still know everything, and know what is best for everyone?

I've never said I do. If you use the criteria you do for Trump you'd accuse yourself of bias for accusing me of anything of the sort without any definite, 100% proof to back it up.