keithbar

Hey Billy

billeisele

Billy is still talking about the Alabama Clemson game, or maybe not

if things keep going this year there will be a rematch

Rubber match. Bring it!!!

Oh as for the Vols, I have zero sympathy for them. Same for LSU.

This Bama team is playing like they're on a mission. Yeah they were sloppy against Colorado State a few weeks back, but it looks like they've righted things on defense since. Next up, at Texas A&M. Then Arkansas and Tennessee at home afterwards. It could get ugly for them.

Oh and a couple video clips.... the first one, these guys do short clips every week, always funny as hell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkOP-yVpP9s

And then there's Funnymaine... standup comedian and Alabama fan with his weekly "How Bama fans watched week #5 games"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVKX0sJDdlE

:ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

billeisele

Whaaat? Syracuse???? Come on! :o:S

Syracuse lost at home to Middle Tennessee State, who just lost to a newly reinstated UAB (U. of Alabama Birmingham) football team that didn't play the last two years after the school shut it down.

No margin for error from now on. I'm not sold on Clemson getting by NC State on the road, even with a healthy Kelly. They have a score to settle for how last year's game turned out.

Now... is Butch Jones still the coach at Tennessee? He might not be after Bama gets done skulldragging the Vols. Much respect to Guarantano for his last minute drive that just missed a game winning TD at the end, but overall that team is pathetic.

As long as Saban reinforces the media's perception of his team as "rat poison" to his players, they'll make the Vols quit by halftime. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In honor of the third Saturday in October rivalry game with Tennessee, I offer this classic interview with a Bama student from 2007 or 2008.

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0

See... what he really meant to say was "Bama, you're number one!"

:D:D:D

Flipping a double birdie at the student section at the end of a 97 yard pick six off the backup QB in a game where the Vols offense could only muster 108 yards and zero points...

Final score: 45 to fuck you too.

11 in a row, go to hell Vols. B|

A bit of trivia... the last time the Vols beat Bama in 2006, Twitter was only 3 months old, and the iPhone had yet to make its debut.

billeisele

YOU....

ME....

SUPERDOME!!!

RUBBER MATCH!!!!

B|B|B|B|B|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uriIHFmfWg

What's the weather like down there ? Went trout fishing today once it got ☀️ four hrs one 12 inch trout . Better than skunked like my buddy;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

What's the weather like down there ? Went trout fishing today once it got ☀️ four hrs one 12 inch trout . Better than skunked like my buddy;)

My house got 5 inches of snow, and my work in Oxford got 7 inches. Jacksonville had 12 inches. But... my family and I were all at the beach in Waveland, MS. Fortunately we left the day before (Thursday) and came back home Monday with like 99% of the snow melted already.

We DID get a surprise at the beach. It SNOWED! :o It was just maybe a quarter to half an inch, but you could clearly see the sand on the beach completely covered.

I've been on this earth 50 years and that was the first time I saw it fucking snow on the damn beach. Damned good timing setting this impromptu mini vacation/family reunion only 2 weeks prior. Mother in law has stage four cancer, only found out 3 weeks ago. So we set this up for her to enjoy her children and grandchildren all together one last time.

ryoder

Scene from the bike path today in cold, snowy CO at 66F.

(In other news I think I know what I want for Xmas.>:()

I drove I-70 west out of Denver last week. Up and into Rifle to pick up a load. The weather was great all the way. Dry roads and blue skies even at the top of the pass. But I did not see what you saw. I guess I need to dump the truck and get a bike.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billeisele

How'd you like that rematch? ;)

All SEC championship game again! B| Where's Futuredivot???

BillyVance

***Billy is still talking about the Alabama Clemson game, or maybe not

How'd you like that rematch? ;)

All SEC championship game again! B| Where's Futuredivot???

Woo Hoo - Clemmy was outmanned, outgunned, outcoached and outplayed. Nickie boy was mad and got even. The final game should be interesting. Wish I had bought some tickets and a few hotel rooms, the Clemmy folks are making good money reselling them.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
NO TIME FOR LOSERS!
CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Okay, that aside... Holy fucking shit. What a roller coaster of emotions that game last night was. Please, Alabama, don't make me go through another one like that! :o:S:D

What a gutsy call by Saban to take Jalen Hurts out of the game and give true freshman Tua Tagovailoa a chance. He's a better pure passer and he showed it. Boy did he ever! We needed something to get going.

That laser into the end zone caught by Ridley on 4th and 7 from the 12 yard line to tie the game with just under 4 minutes to go was beautifully executed. Tiny window right in there and he hit it.

We should have won it at the end of regulation but the kicker choked and hooked it way left. Jesus Christ, you'd think with all those #1 recruiting classes, we'd find a kicker worth a fuck?

Then comes OT. When Tua got sacked for a 16 yard loss on the first play I was like "Tua, you motherfucker! Throw that ball away!" Then the very next play fakes the safety to the inside and launches a perfect 41 yard strike to another true freshman WR Devonta Smith in stride for the walk off championship winning TD. OMFG! Unbelievable!

All those injuries we had during the season, especially the LB corps and then two players left the game last night with injuries and were replaced by true freshmen as well... This is the best coaching job I've ever seen by Saban and staff.

Roll Tide, and on to 2018! B|

Yep, according to the score AL is the champion.

What are your thoughts on 1 call and 2 no calls?

Call - off sides on GA when the punt was blocked
No calls - face mask and tackling the QB then punching him in the head

the one thing I hate about this game is bad officiating that can or does determine the outcome of the game.

For the record - I would be saying the exact same thing if the situation was reversed.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

billeisele

Yep, according to the score AL is the champion.

What are your thoughts on 1 call and 2 no calls?

Call - off sides on GA when the punt was blocked
No calls - face mask and tackling the QB then punching him in the head

the one thing I hate about this game is bad officiating that can or does determine the outcome of the game.

For the record - I would be saying the exact same thing if the situation was reversed.

There were missed calls that went both ways. Georgia was clearly offsides on the punt block. So they got that one right.

The facemask was incidental, pretty brief. Could have been called, sometimes it doesn't.

And Mack Wilson tackling the QB, that wasn't a punch, that was a shove. Should have been called nevertheless.

The thing is, Georgia's been known for dirty play. Not just physically, but mentally and verbally. I'd have to ask Wilson if they did anything specifically to make him do that, he's on Twitter. They definitely pissed LB Mehki Brown off. He reacted poorly on the field and even worse on the sideline with a staff member. That's a lesson he's going to learn. When the opposing team plays mind games or does dirty stuff, you've got to ignore that shit and play your game. Play harder if you can.

Georgia also played dirty against Bama in the SEC championship game in 2012. One of the things that happened was a blatant poke in the eye to one of our players. So it was no surprise after Aaron Murray got intercepted and he started running toward the ball and got his ass creamed with a barely legal block.

There are bad calls in almost every game. It sucks sometimes, but you know what? Alabama led the nation in fewest penalties called against their opponents, so that kind of dilutes the argument that Bama gets favorable calls. By the way, that was a Big 10 officiating crew.

After the pick plays Clemson used to win last year that weren't called but could have been (see FSU vs ND a few years back), I found it satisfying that Bama played a similar tactic on that fat guy TD catch last week. Saban had an axe to grind. ;)

Here's the play. He clearly moved before any of his teammates did. I think it was a good call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsI-3R5fWc

But hey, no matter how anybody nitpicks this game... consider these amazing facts...

- Bama benched their starting QB
- Replaced him with a true freshman QB
- Replaced two injured starters with true freshmen (including LT)
- Missed two FGs
- Had a player collapse on the sideline (unknown ailment)
- Had a player fight a coach on the sideline
- Down 13 points twice
- Had a 2nd and 26 in OT

AND STILL WON THE NATIONAL TITLE!

B|

Billy- wth

the defender can move before the snap he just can't cross the line, and he didn't

or did you mean the Bama player moved before the snap?, which he did

billeisele

Billy- wth

the defender can move before the snap he just can't cross the line, and he didn't

or did you mean the Bama player moved before the snap?, which he did

Again the video clearly shows that the Georgia player moved and crossed the line of scrimmage before the rest of his team did.

Furthermore, there were four legit penalties committed by the bulldogs that weren't called. One was Najee Harris getting manhandled on the fourth and four TD pass that Ridley jumped in front of. Had he not come up with the ball, who knows, maybe the ref throws the flag and gives Bama first and goal. If not, Georgia gets out of that with its 7 point lead intact. Another missed flag was illegal hands to the face. The other two I can't recall because I can't find the post on Twitter explaining them.

Point is, there were missed calls both ways that could have benefitted the opponent. Bama overcame the missed ones on Georgia. Simple as that. Tua made these clutch plays: 3rd and 7, scrambled for a first down. Fourth and four, TD pass. And the winner: 2nd and 26, 41 yard TD bomb.

Funny enough, Fromm was committed to Alabama before he flipped to Georgia. And Devonta Smith was committed to Georgia before he flipped to Alabama.

On to 2018. 2017 is over.