peek

A very unusual distraction on landing...

Most motorcyclists can relate to this one.

I was doing my usual hook turn and swoop landing with my small canopy, and had just planed out, going quite fast, and this large bug smacks me in the chest!

Well, the natural reaction when something like that happens is to rub your chest and go "ouch", but that wasn't an option.

Sometimes you just have to tough it out on landing. Don't let yourself be distracted top the point of crashing.

Most motorcyclists can relate to this one.

I was doing my usual hook turn and swoop landing with my small canopy, and had just planed out, going quite fast, and this large bug smacks me in the chest!

Well, the natural reaction when something like that happens is to rub your chest and go "ouch", but that wasn't an option.

Sometimes you just have to tough it out on landing. Don't let yourself be distracted top the point of crashing.

I have no face shield when I ride. I get bugs in my face all the time.
Sometimes it hurts like a bastard :)
Just goes with the territory ;)
__

My mighty steed

Funny story, well to me at least. I was at Skydive Aggieland and Amy Chemlecki was there organizing. I was standing out by the swoop lane taking video when she was about 3/4 thru her turn and i heard her squeal. Then on plane out she was saying "ooooooo I hit a bug!":D:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I was flying a demo Velo 120 this past weekend, and did a nice carving 180 (no wind, 500' MSL, 93 F). Didn't quite make the "swoop course" gates, ended up a little to the right swooping through the dried grass and weeds. Suddenly felt a sharp pain right below my right knee and popped up a little to clear the grass.

When I stopped, I had a quarter-inch chunk hanging loose, with the offending weed end still attached. I'd been weed-whacked! :o

Lesson learned: long pants when jumping demo canopies. :$
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Funny story, well to me at least. I was at Skydive Aggieland and Amy Chemlecki was there organizing. I was standing out by the swoop lane taking video when she was about 3/4 thru her turn and i heard her squeal. Then on plane out she was saying "ooooooo I hit a bug!

Should have been around two summers ago during the REALLY bad Lovebug invest in the area. Be sure to wear goggles/glasses on every hop-n-pop since when you swooped you'd hit swarms of them. It was as bad as riding a motorcycle. You'd start your turn, start getting close to plane out then hit 50 of the little annoying things.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

amen.... i got a wasp to the leg at 80MPH on my bike. still have the scar...B|

I had a Bee sting me in the face doin 50mph, that sucked big time, I slammed the brakes on stopped the bike ripped of my helmet and did this big song and dance routine on the side of the road..I looked back and there was 7 cars all nearly run up each other back end 'cuase some idiot slmmmed their bike brakes on sudenly and nearly caused a pile up :D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?