SpecialKaye

5 years ago today...Lee "Skypunk" Werling

There were so many jokes of you thumbing your nose at the Grim Reaper...five years ago today, he got you. You are missed by so many of us.

I'll never forget..your enthusiasm for life and everything...Meeting you at BD 97 with the braids and jester hat and how you made me feel so welcomed....Dancing around the pool at the hotel in TF in 2001 to music only you could hear...Tom Sanders telling the guys to take lessons from the girls and Lee on how to dress for the camera.

I miss you my friend...I'm sure you're making some awesome jumps with no limitations.

Blue skies,
Kaye

Man, I can't believe it has been 5 years already. :( I remember the last time I saw Lee...some of the guys did demo water landings into the river near a restaurant in Deland for Memorial Day. Lee came down with a mask and swim fins on. :ph34r: He was definitely a character and brought a lot of fun to the dropzone.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

wow seems much longer then that, you got me thinking when was the last time I saw him, other then the release of ashes...

I think it was the 600 ft jump on take off out of the caravan in......burg:S:D:ph34r:

I can see him in those swim fins and mask too, even tho I wasn't there, what a guy, one we all won't soon forget. Blue ones my friend......

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I still remember the last time I saw Lee, vividly. It was the evening before he went it, we had just finished my AFF 2 (he was my AFF instructor). He was joking about how he was going to get Maddog over the fence... Still chuckle about that one. Lee was the first person in skydiving to reach out to me as a friend, a bond was quickly formed. I still wonder what it would be like to do a jump with him now, his student now a skydiver.

Miss you bro.
D