RMK

No Fox News for the UK

Fox News has been taken off the air in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41087659

While I never regarded it as actual news, I was one of their very small UK viewership. I'd occasionally put it on for a sociological perspective (in the same manner you would watch chimps to better understand primate behaviour) or just outright entertainment (the Fox & Friends hosts were just so Goddamn stupid it was actually funny).

Regardless of how poor a news outlet it was, it gave an insight that you only get with local input.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

Fox News has been taken off the air in the UK:

While I never regarded it as actual news, I was one of their very small UK viewership. I'd occasionally put it on for a sociological perspective (in the same manner you would watch chimps to better understand primate behaviour) or just outright entertainment (the Fox & Friends hosts were just so Goddamn stupid it was actually funny).

Regardless of how poor a news outlet it was, it gave an insight that you only get with local input.

Well FOX ain't no BBC. It would be nice if there were several world broadcasters like BBC. US news broadcasters have a narrow focus on US stories almost exclusively.

Canadian ones are better because they all receive BBC and all the major US news feeds. Its not as if ABC, NBC don't or can't get the same stories. Editors know their target audiences. Canadian ones will cover more world stories.

CNN used to be worldwide news before they went US domestic politics 23/7. FOX ... well they know their market.

Phil1111

***Fox News has been taken off the air in the UK:

Well FOX ain't no BBC. It would be nice if there were several world broadcasters like BBC. US news broadcasters have a narrow focus on US stories almost exclusively.

Canadian ones are better because they all receive BBC and all the major US news feeds. Its not as if ABC, NBC don't or can't get the same stories. Editors know their target audiences. Canadian ones will cover more world stories.

CNN used to be worldwide news before they went US domestic politics 23/7. FOX ... well they know their market.

Sadly, the BBC is no longer the paragon of broadcasting that it used to be, having become a propaganda mouthpiece for the minority Conservative government.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

rifleman

Sadly, the BBC is no longer the paragon of broadcasting that it used to be, having become a propaganda mouthpiece for the minority Conservative government.

I don't know what's up in the UK, but I assume you mean that the BBC you feel is too uncritical about statements from the government, which would be true under any government lately? (So that it isn't specifically about this particular government)

rifleman

I wouldn't go that far. That's the sort of statement that belongs on Fox news.

They're definitely a lot more biased than they used to be though.

pchapman

***Sadly, the BBC is no longer the paragon of broadcasting that it used to be, having become a propaganda mouthpiece for the minority Conservative government.

I don't know what's up in the UK, but I assume you mean that the BBC you feel is too uncritical about statements from the government, which would be true under any government lately? (So that it isn't specifically about this particular government)

What I mean is that the upper echelons of the BBC are infested with the same Eton educated, Bullingdon Club idiots that run the Conservative Party. There have been many occasions recently where Conservative interviewees have been given an easy ride, even when the party has committed huge cock ups that the MSM should be going after them for and yet MPs from other parties have been harangued over minor non-newsworthy items.

Question Time, once the BBC's flagship political debate show has been hit by several scandals involving audience members who, it appears, were planted in the audience by the producers to make the Conservatives look credible.

Time and time again, research has shown that the BBC is massively biased towards the Tories to the point that the BBC admitted that their political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, had breached their own impartiality guidelines during the coverage of the Election but then did sod all about disciplining her.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation