wmw999

"I told you so"

Right now with all the people (particularly on FB) talking about fake news, and with plenty of folks saying that there's no proof it's fake etc, there's a wish to PROVE that some stuff is fake (eg the whole Obama birth certificate thing). Because then some folks would be able to say the magic words above.

They are, roughly, some of the least effective words in the world. People generally learn life experiences through life, and they own them when they decide they've learned them, not when someone (often officious and smugly superior) informs them.

I just wish, in this case of seemingly massive inconsistencies between what Trump threw around as rhetoric (eg Goldman-Sachs connections as a sign that someone is compromised) and what he's actually doing (appointing multiple Goldman-Sachs people), that everyone in the country didn't have to pay the price for some to learn that sometimes it pays to listen to that little niggling voice that says "maybe that's a satisfying choice, but it's unlikely to end well."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah, replying to myself :P. Another example in hindsight would be that whole Iraq war thing.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

brenthutch

***Yeah, replying to myself :P. Another example in hindsight would be that whole Iraq war thing.

Wendy P.

And Obamacare don't forget about Obamacare.Sure, because health insurance for 30 million people is exactly like starting a war under false pretenses. :S

Don

A mantra I've thought repeatedly throughout the campaign:

"Ignorance should be painful."

(it would certainly motivate many to learn a little something about whichever topic they are discussing and subsequently learn they're woefully ignorant)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!