Amazon

Remember when they protected and served???

Kadde

***Here's an article with several videos of the police "helping" people:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-brutality-reports_55b65b79e4b0074ba5a53417

According to earlier comments this is just a case of us not knowing how police work has to be done. We couldnt possibly imagine how threatened all of these officers (many times several vs one) must have felt by allready cuffed "suspects".

Police work involves human interaction - not everyone is suited for the role (It doesn’t matter if your grandfather, dad or siblings are policemen also; or if this is one of few good-paying jobs in your area).

Many US policemen are quite ill suited to the role. I’d suggest more time on human interaction and crowd psychology than time spent at the shooting range. If it’s all about dispensing some “whoop ass”, find another job or outlet; there is no place for this type of behaviour in dealing with the public.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

Here's an article with several videos of the police "helping" people:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-brutality-reports_55b65b79e4b0074ba5a53417

It would be nice IF they have a bully in blue fired from one department for that type of behavior... it stays on their record forever and be barred from the kind of work they are ill equipped to do.

I usually don't like advocating violence as a response to violence but I sincerely hope that officer Tyler Walker one day picks a fight with someone who has several very large, very angry friends who proceed to kick the ever living shit out of him and leave him eating through a straw.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I usually don't like advocating violence as a response to violence but I sincerely hope that officer Tyler Walker one day picks a fight with someone who has several very large, very angry friends who proceed to kick the ever living shit out of him and leave him eating through a straw.

Very, very liberal of you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This guy is just piling on the media generated hysteria.
While I applaud his service, police and the military are separate. He knows as much about being a cop as I do about being in the infantry. The two do intersect at limited times, simply because police departments are (and always have been) paramilitary organizations.

It would be fairly safe to say this came in as burglary in progress. Even in the "good old days" the response would have been the same. This has nothing to do with the "militarization" of the police. It's simply an incident that happened, and it was a mistake with no malice intended. By his own admission the officers tactics were sound, what he said could have happened didn't.

As a matter of fact, in the "good old days" the response would have been less tactically sound and professional. This was a mistake that happens often, I've been involved in several SNAFU's like this. In this case it happened, was dealt with professionally, and life went on.

Room clearing is room clearing, police have become much better trained at doing this.

I challenge anyone here to listen to the radio tapes of any recent active shooter incident. In the "good old days", these incidents would have been utter chaos with much different endings.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"