maadmax

How can anyone say "God doesn't exist" ?

I'm never going to understand the one sided approach of religion.
Convert or die IS the common cry from those that believe.
Whatever that means.

I meant no personal insult, but seriously?

I'm glad he's a good man, but it doesn't take religion to be a good person.

I feel like atheist has ever continuing question and seeks the facts. The atheist tend to have more logical brain. The atheist are just fed up with stupidity that they can clearly see. If one person runs around and tell everyone that the almighty unicorn god will one day descend and rescue everyone except the non-belivers. People are going to make fun of that person and maybe label that person as a lunatic.

So what is the difference between your god and the almighty unicorn god?

One has better and thicker book? That has been written by men, and has been altered thru hundreds of years.

I stopped watching any movie that starts Tom Cruise. I can't stand watching idiot on the big screen; knowing that he believes in something fucking ridiculous.

Book of Mormon? Shit was written by some dude in 1800's. Get the fuck out of here. I know some of Mormons that doesn't even believe in the shit, but they go to their place of worship just to fit in with rest of the family and friends.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I truly love it when those Jehovah's witness show up at my door, that is if I have time.

If I have sometime to kill, then it is on. I'm gonna try my best to convert them back to atheism. I ridicule their religion with science and facts. Too bad none of them knocks on my door anymore.

One time I tried to convert them into believing the almighty unicorns. They thought I was crazy, and got scared and started to make their own way to other houses. I followed them around, preaching my own unicorn god. Their faith was weak. They no longer wanted to spread their infectious diseases.

Why do I hate religion so much?

False ideology, god, higher power, whatever they wanna call it, is the reason why we had 9/11. That is why there is so much conflict in middle east. That is why Jews and Palestinians can't get along. Religion caused ISIS in Iraq. Religion killed thousands of people by the crusaders. Romans killed and persecuted thousands of Christians because of their religion.

Funny how that same roman region became the center of Christianity later on. Maybe they got smart and found out that god is the easiest way to manipulate mass population? Constantine was the smart man. He saw the market. He is like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Revolutionary.

So therefore if you believe in god, you are the cause of 9/11.
Your god caused 9/11.

wolfriverjoe

Nature does not have predefined ordered state but organizes itself according to laws of physics and evolution without a predetermined outcome.

Intelligent Design requires a pre defined goal, you know to design.

Evolution is not a law. It is a theory.

A study of the Scripture in both the Hebrew and the Christian writings lead to the understanding that God had a pre-defined goal.

Well, evolution of man (how we got from single celled organisms in the primordial ooze to man and all the other species on earth) is a theory. It can not move beyond that because the steps in the process cannot be tested repeatedly to prove it scientifically.

But evolution as a process is proven. Scientifically proven. Tested repeatedly. It has laws that are followed (within the statistical probabilities).

Creationists often dismiss the process of evolution as "microevolution." But if you apply "microevolution" over millions and millions of years, you get...
The evolution of man and the rest of the species on earth.

Ha! I got you there!

Evolution CAN'T be true since the universe is only 5774 years old!

It is clearly documented that Adam was created knowing how to count and understood the significance of keeping tabs on his age, and passed on this knowledge to all his offspring.

If it is written, it HAS to be true. You know, just like the internet.

BSBD,

Winsor

stayhigh

Why do I hate religion so much?

False ideology, god, higher power, whatever they wanna call it, is the reason why we had 9/11. That is why there is so much conflict in middle east. That is why Jews and Palestinians can't get along. Religion caused ISIS in Iraq. Religion killed thousands of people by the crusaders. Romans killed and persecuted thousands of Christians because of their religion.

Funny how that same roman region became the center of Christianity later on. Maybe they got smart and found out that god is the easiest way to manipulate mass population? Constantine was the smart man. He saw the market. He is like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Revolutionary.

Your god caused 9/11.

Can't disagree with you on any of your points. Personally I have no use for religion, and I believe Christ didn't either. Basically exploration of God is an exploration of self. I choose not to believe we came from nothing and will return to nothing. The universe is to vast for such nonsense. We came from God and we will return to Him.

maadmax

***Why do I hate religion so much?

Your god caused 9/11.

Can't disagree with you on any of your points.

Really?

The guy said that if you believe in God, you are the cause of 9/11..(and they call us delusional) He's basically the ideological equivalent of Westboro, but from a different angle. You can't reason with these types of people.

In his previous posts, this guy said he actually stalked Jehovah witnesses...he preached about unicorns as they went door to door. When they finally grew weary of his contempt, they walked away...he said that this proves their faith was weak.

Do you really think you can get through to such a guy with nice words and reason? Jehovah's, as wrong as they are, are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

This guy is just ironically gish galloping through every one of his posts...

I'm sorry, but I would not roll over for a guy with such blatant, deliberate contempt. The only other cheek that will be turning is my butt cheek for him to kiss.

He should know better...

Matthew 11:21-24
“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”

Just like United States.
Went to shit that's what happened.

United States of America are supposed to be atheistic state.
Separation of church and the state?
Does that ring a bell? Probably not. You are one of those people that doesn't have problem with your kids reciting pledge of allegiance

"Under god"

fuck your god.

My unicorn god poops cotton candy. What does your's do? Besides creating fucking havoc on earth. I'm talking about the big flood. When your ancestor carefully packed all of the creatures on earth into one big ass fucking ship.

What else is there? Turning people into pillars of salt? Kicking adam and eve out of fucking garden for disobeying one little shit? Knocking down what could possibly have been the greatest building of all time and making people to speak different language so I had to take Spanish in high school. "No hablo pinche espanol"

wolfriverjoe

Nature does not have predefined ordered state but organizes itself according to laws of physics and evolution without a predetermined outcome.

A study of the Scripture in both the Hebrew and the Christian writings lead to the understanding that God had a pre-defined goal.

Well, evolution of man (how we got from single celled organisms in the primordial ooze to man and all the other species on earth) is a theory. It can not move beyond that because the steps in the process cannot be tested repeatedly to prove it scientifically.

Exactly, nor do they know what started it all...so any intrusion into peoples faith by citing evolution will be treated with contempt, and rightly so.

You already said that that religion preys on the weak and poor, primarily for money, right? Why wouldn't they use it also for power/money though war as well?

Taking advantage of religion for ill gotten gain does not equate to one who may have true faith.

Now you may use these ills to bolster your disbelief, but that only goes to support my belief that for people to call themselves atheist, they must've had a negative experience with the concept of God in one way or another...

Core27

Exactly, nor do they know what started it all...so any intrusion into peoples faith by citing evolution will be treated with contempt, and rightly so.

:D:D:D

You have to be trolling. I really hope so for your sake.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Core27

How did it all start then?

You'll be famous!

Not debating that we don't know the answer to that. I'll tell you one thing though - "the magic sky wizard did it" is not a terribly likely answer.

What I am hoping you are trolling about is your misunderstanding of what a theory is. And if you aren't, I suggest some remedial science lessons are a good idea. Just because evolution is a theory, doesn't make it any less real. Here's a hint - gravity is a theory as well.

Stumpy

***How did it all start then?

You'll be famous!

Not debating that we don't know the answer to that. I'll tell you one thing though - "the magic sky wizard did it" is not a terribly likely answer.

Maybe not, but to call someone delusional for even believing that there might be some intelligence behind the organization represents a person of dick-headed proportions...

Stumpy

What I am hoping you are trolling about is your misunderstanding of what a theory is. And if you aren't, I suggest some remedial science lessons are a good idea. Just because evolution is a theory, doesn't make it any less real. Here's a hint - gravity is a theory as well.

My argument is against ignorant atheists, especially those who never even studied evolution nor really understood it, who feel the need to blindly parrot it as if it was even plausible "evidence" against the idea of God...

stayhigh

Just like United States.
Went to shit that's what happened.

United States of America are supposed to be atheistic state.
Separation of church and the state?
Does that ring a bell?

Ya, I'm a big proponent of that separation...I certainly don't want your atheistic government imperialism in my faith. Thank God He protected us from you people...

stayhigh

fuck your god.

Then you sit here and wonder why contention exists...

get a clue...

kallend

***How did it all start then?

Take your pick - the evidence for each is identical.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_creation_myths

If you were wondering around this world with no external influence of God, could you not see yourself looking up to the sky and asking yourself, why? who?

You have a tendency of avoiding direct questions...I'm guessing this question will be no different...you'll be to chicken shit to give an honest answer without being some type of arrogant smart ass...or you'll avoid completely.

stayhigh

I truly love it when those Jehovah's witness show up at my door

At my home, doorbell rings and I press the intercom:

JW's: "we're from the Church of Latter Day Saints; would you like to discuss everlasting life"?

Me: "Will there be Jehovah Witnesses' in heaven"?

JW's: "Yes, we certainly hope so"

Me: "Sorry, not interested then"

My wife thinks I'm mean
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Core27

My argument is against ignorant atheists, especially those who never even studied evolution nor really understood it, who feel the need to blindly parrot it as if it was even plausible "evidence" against the idea of God...

You have that backwards. You can't disprove god - but you can't prove him/her/it either. And which god are we talking about here? The evidence for all of them is identical.

Evolution is a process, and as close as is possible, a fact. Generally its the religious (pick your deity here) community coming up with reasons why they say it can't happen because an old book said so.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, I have never understood why the religious communities can't reconcile evolution with "it's god's mechanism for creating the world". Of course - that doesn't appease the young earth creationists, but fortunately they seem to be pretty much restricted to governing the Kansas education system these days.

Maybe not, but to call someone delusional for even believing that there might be some intelligence behind the organization represents a person of dick-headed proportions...

I agree - militant atheism is almost as bad as evangelical religion - two sides of the same coin. That would be just as closed minded as saying that if people are atheists, it's only because they have had a bad experience with religion, don't you think?

Stumpy

Evolution is a process, and as close as is possible, a fact. Generally its the religious (pick your deity here) community coming up with reasons why they say it can't happen because an old book said so.

Evolution shows us clearly how things work as we see it. I think many religious people are skeptical not because of what evolution is, but how many people want to use evolution against the idea of God. Let's face it, do religious people really understand evolution? They pretty much only learn/hear of the concept from antagonistic atheists. It's the same with idiot atheists...they never really studied evolution. Maybe they had a class or two in elementary school or high school...or not, but all of a sudden, they're on the internet forums as evolutionary biologist experts condemning the concept of God...

Stumpy

I've said it before, and I will say it again, I have never understood why the religious communities can't reconcile evolution with "it's god's mechanism for creating the world"

Why should they? who cares? what benefit does the knowledge of evolution serve other than to the biologists who can take advantage of that knowledge?

If that knowledge would do nothing for them, why would they accept it when it's forced down their throat by atheists falsely using it to dismiss God?

Stumpy

I agree - militant atheism is almost as bad as evangelical religion - two sides of the same coin. That would be just as closed minded as saying that if people are atheists, it's only because they have had a bad experience with religion, don't you think?

I'm not trying to be closed minded...I just think that people would obviously be humbly agnostic if they did not know, such as Einstein...Atheism seems to be much more of a defensive ideology. It has to acknowledge the concept of God...a concept that they take offense to. I just want to know why?

Did they inherently come to the idea themselves only to reject it, or did they base the idea on some negative external influence?

Hint:
It's a loaded question:P