rickjump1

5th Grader Suspended for Shooting Imaginary Bow and Arrow at Classmate

http://lastresistance.com/3949/boy-suspended-possession-imaginary-bow-arrow/"A Pennsylvania fifth grader named Johnny Jones was suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow at a fellow classmate who initiated the fight by “shooting” Jones with his folder. The 5th grader had faced expulsion, but was instead given a one-day suspension. This will remain on his permanent record unless the Rutherford Institute, whom Jones’s parents retained to represent their son, can convince school officials to remove it."

Where do these "stuck on stupid" teachers come from? Scary, the thought of them breeding.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

http://lastresistance.com/3949/boy-suspended-possession-imaginary-bow-arrow/"A Pennsylvania fifth grader named Johnny Jones was suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow at a fellow classmate who initiated the fight by “shooting” Jones with his folder. The 5th grader had faced expulsion, but was instead given a one-day suspension. This will remain on his permanent record unless the Rutherford Institute, whom Jones’s parents retained to represent their son, can convince school officials to remove it."

Where do these "stuck on stupid" teachers come from? Scary, the thought of them breeding.

Scarier that they are allowed to teach our young.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It would be interesting to have access to the other side of the story. My guess is there's more to it than just the kid doing a pantomime. Reading the article, there seems to have been a little girl involved who ratted the two boys out which caused a "disruption" in the classroom.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

It would be interesting to have access to the other side of the story. My guess is there's more to it than just the kid doing a pantomime. Reading the article, there seems to have been a little girl involved who ratted the two boys out which caused a "disruption" in the classroom.

Tattle tale girls go back to biblical times; like bows and arrows. Maybe the teacher was loosing control of her classroom and "outed" the two boys the quickest way. Kind of backfired on her.

Mmkay... If lil Johnny sets up his tree stand by the bus stop, & slams a 125gr broadhead through that little shit. I'll have to admit they had a point. He hasn't done that yet, though. Has He?

There seems to be no end to the asinine situations like this in elementary schools across the country. I don't know how any male teachers can stand working in such an environment...

I hope lil Johnny comes back w/counter-accusations, & sues them all.

rickjump1

Tattle tale girls go back to biblical times; like bows and arrows.

Let's be clear on this though, just because something dates back to biblical times doesn't make it right. Slavery for instance.
quade -

quade

so how do you think that might explain the appropriateness of this zero intelligence/tolerance policy application?

kelpdiver

***It would be interesting to have access to the other side of the story. My guess is there's more to it than just the kid doing a pantomime. Reading the article, there seems to have been a little girl involved who ratted the two boys out which caused a "disruption" in the classroom.

so how do you think that might explain the appropriateness of this zero intelligence/tolerance policy application?

Not sure it does. However, it would be nice to know rather than simply assume the student got the suspension for the reasons stated in the article. For instance, it's entirely possible in the course of all the rest of this the student mouthed off to the teacher, but we've just not heard about that part of the story.
quade -

champu

On the bright side, at least the school police consultant didn't come into the classroom and shoot two other students and then charge Johnny with felony assault.

No wonder there are so many homeschooled kids. Anything with the government attached, is a recipe for disaster.

quade

***Tattle tale girls go back to biblical times; like bows and arrows.

Let's be clear on this though, just because something dates back to biblical times doesn't make it right. Slavery for instance. Are you going to equate tattle tale kids with slavery? Seems a little harsh.

PiLFy

Mmkay... If lil Johnny sets up his tree stand by the bus stop, & slams a 125gr broadhead through that little shit. I'll have to admit they had a point. He hasn't done that yet, though. Has He?

There seems to be no end to the asinine situations like this in elementary schools across the country. I don't know how any male teachers can stand working in such an environment...

I hope lil Johnny comes back w/counter-accusations, & sues them all.

This could be another one for Jay Leno. Making the teachers and the administrative staff look stupid could be a start in the right direction.

rickjump1

******Tattle tale girls go back to biblical times; like bows and arrows.

Let's be clear on this though, just because something dates back to biblical times doesn't make it right. Slavery for instance. Are you going to equate tattle tale kids with slavery? Seems a little harsh.

Wow, you two are really no good at having a conversation with each other.

quade

******It would be interesting to have access to the other side of the story. My guess is there's more to it than just the kid doing a pantomime. Reading the article, there seems to have been a little girl involved who ratted the two boys out which caused a "disruption" in the classroom.

Not sure it does. However, it would be nice to know rather than simply assume the student got the suspension for the reasons stated in the article. For instance, it's entirely possible in the course of all the rest of this the student mouthed off to the teacher, but we've just not heard about that part of the story.

I'd have mouthed off too - if an imaginary bow and arrow got me a dressing down.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********It would be interesting to have access to the other side of the story. My guess is there's more to it than just the kid doing a pantomime. Reading the article, there seems to have been a little girl involved who ratted the two boys out which caused a "disruption" in the classroom.

I'd have mouthed off too - if an imaginary bow and arrow got me a dressing down.>:(

So this is what I'm thinking, but we don't actually know.
quade -

quade

************It would be interesting to have access to the other side of the story. My guess is there's more to it than just the kid doing a pantomime. Reading the article, there seems to have been a little girl involved who ratted the two boys out which caused a "disruption" in the classroom.

So this is what I'm thinking, but we don't actually know.

Even in 5th grade, I had intelligence enough to know what was just and what was unjust.

I wonder what happened to me.:P

But anyway, back to the article...

...during his walk back to his seat, a classmate and friend of Johnny’s held his folder like an imaginary gun and “shot” at Johnny. Johnny playfully used his hands to draw the bowstrings on a completely imaginary “bow” and “shot” an arrow back at the friend...

I blame equal parts stand your ground laws and The Hunger Games.

When Ms. Jones asked Mr. Horton what policy Johnny had violated, Mr. Horton replied that Johnny had “made a threat” to another student using a “replica or representation of a firearm,” through his use of an imaginary bow and arrow.

Not to go completely magazine-vs-clip on this guy, but even if the bow and arrow had consisted of more than the air between Johnny's hands, it still would not have been a firearm.

champu

But anyway, back to the article...

...during his walk back to his seat, a classmate and friend of Johnny’s held his folder like an imaginary gun and “shot” at Johnny. Johnny playfully used his hands to draw the bowstrings on a completely imaginary “bow” and “shot” an arrow back at the friend...

I blame equal parts stand your ground laws and The Hunger Games.

***When Ms. Jones asked Mr. Horton what policy Johnny had violated, Mr. Horton replied that Johnny had “made a threat” to another student using a “replica or representation of a firearm,” through his use of an imaginary bow and arrow.

Not to go completely magazine-vs-clip on this guy, but even if the bow and arrow had consisted of more than the air between Johnny's hands, it still would not have been a firearm.

Whyt wasn't the other child suspended - he actually made a 3d printing gun cleverly disguised as a glock 40 page spiral binder.

turtlespeed

Whyt wasn't the other child suspended - he actually made a 3d printing gun cleverly disguised as a glock 40 page spiral binder.

If the weapon was imaginary and you forgot what it was, can you be charged with destruction of evidence?

champu

*********Tattle tale girls go back to biblical times; like bows and arrows.

Wow, you two are really no good at having a conversation with each other. Yes, but we try. Never give up.

winsor

***Anyone who would bring a child into this world is committing an act of unthinkable cruelty at this point.

Oh, I dunno. I seem to recall a act of pretty serious friendliness being behind it all.

That's the paving with good intentions we hear so much about
cavete terrae.

grue

******Anyone who would bring a child into this world is committing an act of unthinkable cruelty at this point.

Oh, I dunno. I seem to recall a act of pretty serious friendliness being behind it all.

That's the paving with good intentions we hear so much about

Zing!