turtlespeed

Sweet - Pre-existing conditions are not all covered

kelpdiver

read more carefully, next time. You missed a huge element.

Mutual assistance to Canada?

My point was that US military spending isn't high because of the land mass they have to defend, because nobody is attacking. Its huge because US likes to play world police and invade other countries on regular basis.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

lawrocket

Tobacco, obesity and alcohol. Get rid of those things and healthcare becomes a lot less expensive.

Now that the government is even more involved in paying for the costs of these conditions, one can expect further limitations in diet to be "recommended."

I would expect to see non compliance taxed.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

DrewEckhardt

Canada has significantly more coastline than America and the Arctic north is where they're arguing with Russia over who has sovereignty and can exploit the mineral deposits.

Untrue.
Problems arose in 2009.
When there was a directive of President Obama "New Arctic U.S. strategy," the head of state signed January 9, 2009. In accordance with her supposed to strengthen the U.S. presence in the region by demonstrating the power of the sea, allow it to deploy elements of a missile defense and warning systems for nuclear strike.

turtlespeed

***Tobacco, obesity and alcohol. Get rid of those things and healthcare becomes a lot less expensive.

Now that the government is even more involved in paying for the costs of these conditions, one can expect further limitations in diet to be "recommended."

that's already going on with tobacco (which leads to the fair question of why they get hit again with higher premiums...that extra bucks per pack went to day care and other unrelated projects). You could easily do it with higher excise taxes on beer and spirits, though the beer lobby seems even more powerful than the NRA, on the rare occasions when it needs to be.

kelpdiver

******Tobacco, obesity and alcohol. Get rid of those things and healthcare becomes a lot less expensive.

that's already going on with tobacco (which leads to the fair question of why they get hit again with higher premiums...that extra bucks per pack went to day care and other unrelated projects). You could easily do it with higher excise taxes on beer and spirits, though the beer lobby seems even more powerful than the NRA, on the rare occasions when it needs to be.

So you are saying that we should tax obesity?

Hell yeah. Lets make a program where if your BMI is above what it should be - that YOU get to pay for the uninsured as opposed to someone reasonably health having to do that.

Or is food stamps a major contributor?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun