livendive

900,000 reasons to fire your elected politicians in the next election

That's the number of jobs sacrificed by political brinkmanship in Congress since late 2009, according to a report released yesterday by the Peter J. Peterson Foundation (a non-partisan organization dedicated to fixing American fiscal policy). Additionally, this ridiculous brinkmanship has cost us about 1% of growth in GDP. Source

I don't care whether you vote Democrat or Republican, your elected politicians are part of the problem, as they consider "beating" the other guys (or keeping them from doing anything good) to be more important than job creation and economic recovery. It's not a matter of "yeah, but the other guys..." Your elected leaders were hired to do a job and have proven they're not interested in doing it. Statesmanship is what they're hired to do, and it requires finding some common ground with opponents and moving forward with the best intentions for the nation. When the Senate minority leader has gone on record as stating, "Our number one priority is denying the President a second term", he should be fired. When the Senate majority leader has failed to press for an agreeable (albeit compromise) budget for 5 years, he should be fired. NOBODY in Congress has proven to be an effective statesman in the last few years and ALL OF THEM should be fired.

They say we get the government we deserve, and they're right. It's time to deserve better. If you ran a business and your best friend was an employee who failed to earn his paycheck, you'd fire him because, as tough as it might be, that's the right thing to do. Our Congress is the same way. No matter how much you like your particular guy or gal, they are not doing their job, and now your job is to let them go. If their opponent is in the opposite party, so be it...perhaps they'll respect the fact that they were elected by a bipartisan majority. If there's a decent third party option, take it. If they run unopposed, write yourself in. This Congress is terrible. All of them are terrible. I will never vote for any member of the current Congress again. If you do, you're part of the problem.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Agreed

As I have posted here many times
both sides are the same
they will rasie the limit
they will spend more money
they will increase regulations

The only reason they argue is for elections
Elections which pick which side gets to control all that money
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well, YOUR congressmen are complete douche bags.

MY congressmen who funnel all kinds of pet projects to our district, promise me all kinds of free goodies, and pander to me are the best.

YOU guys need to get your act together and vote out YOUR douche bags....:ph34r::S>:(

...Says America...

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

If we can double [urlhttp://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/16/nearly-4-in-10-voters-dont-want-to-see-their-own-lawmaker-re-elected/]this[/url], I bet the rest will get the message that we, the people, are at least as important to their continued employment as their special interest puppet masters.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

livendive

If we can double this, I bet the rest will get the message that we, the people, are at least as important to their continued employment as their special interest puppet masters.

Blues,
Dave

FIFY;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun