shropshire

This is a joke .. right?

wmw999

Although, reading some of the posts from senior citizens on here proves not everyone become wiser as they age.

Define "wiser."

I would tend to think "wiser" includes being willing to listen to and consider opposing opinions. But what do I know :|

Wendy P.

It would also include learning whose opinion is worth listening to.

Those would generally be the ones that included actual facts and analysis, as opposed to the cute quips and sound bites.

And reading and considering doesn't mean wholehearted acceptance.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Those would generally be the ones that included actual facts and analysis, as opposed to the cute quips and sound bites.

Wendy P.

Agreed. However, how many books do you read when you know the ending before you start?

Gravitymaster

***So is it your contention that in a pretty solidly republican district, only liberals are capable of stupidity, or that only liberals are capable of this particular stupidity?

Wendy P.
(relatively liberal in Texas) :|

No, it's my contention that this Principle is VERY likely an Obama voter indoctrinating young people with his hysteria and abject and irrational fear of guns. It is also my contention that he is very subtley instilling a fear of the Police.

And yes, people on both ends of the political spectrum say and do stupid things. This is an example of a very likely Democrat/Obama voter.

Do you disagree with that likelihood?

And you wonder why people outside the US think the average American is less than smart.

The parents complaining, the principle calling, and this assessment all reak of it.

Gravitymaster

Wendy P.

Agreed. However, how many books do you read when you know the ending before you start?

In your case it would appear you only read the books which ending you agree with.

DaVinci

Hard data show that the better educated you are, the less likely you are to be a Republican.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/87474-yale-professors-surprising-discovery-tea-party-supporters-scientifically-literate/

This one is floating around in various forms. I find it entertaining.

http://i.imgur.com/IIzQN.jpg

19 of the top 25 states (when ranked by % of people over 25 with a college degree) didn't vote red last time.

22 of the top 25 (when ranked by % of people over 25 with an advanced college degree) didn't vote red last time.

Education does not seem to do the GOP any favors.