rushmc

ACA grows to 20,000 pages plus

Stumpy

Well when it came from Romney, there didnt seem to be a problem. So no, reality is reality, your perception is something a long way from that.

There are some similarities. They are different though. So you are incorrect again.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Stumpy

Unacceptable means different things to different people. Its pretty clear that for most of the Republican side of the house, the fact that it's written by the Dems makes it unacceptable.

Congress as a whole is very much not amenable to compromises these days. Xkcd made an interesting graphic about it a little while ago.

My comments in this thread, so I'm clear, are regarding the reading and passing of PPACA in the first place. It is defensible to have not "read the whole thing" and voted no, whereas not having "read the whole thing" and voting yes is reckless. I use quotes because politicians have staffers who "read the whole thing" and so I agree with the sentiment that the interviews in post #9 were cheap shots to score propaganda sound bites. The honest response to those questions would have been, "Of course I didn't read the whole thing you dolt. You realize we all have whole office staffs of employees, right? What do you think they do all day, just keep bringing us coffee?"

But the current stalemate is not the passing of the PPACA. This is a different step in the process and one that's really not an appropriate venue to be hashing out compromises. Hell, passing CRs isn't even supposed to be a step in the process.

The honest response to those questions would have been, "Of course I didn't read the whole thing you dolt. You realize we all have whole office staffs of employees, right? What do you think they do all day, just keep bringing us coffee?"

Except that would be edited to:

Of course I didn't read the whole thing

it was a no-win propaganda question/move.

The question had nothing to do with politics or journalism. It is used to ensure that the publication/website continues to pander to its readers.

You skipped this:

How do you know they didn't read it? We had testaments from those who voted FOR it that they didn't read it. Besides, not reading it and not trying to make it law is a lesser evil than just voting for it and not knowing what is inside it.

To put it in car sales speak.... Why should I read all of the loan documents if I AM NOT buying a car?

Who in your opinion should read all the loan documents?
a). The person signing them.
b). A guy NOT buying a car.