Zep

The truth will always prevail. or Why the goverments hate Snowden

Zep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23981291

To the free world Snowden must be a hero.

You still think there is a "free" world??? There can't be many places left on the planet that aren't spied on in some form or another - maybe under the sea or inside some deep caves! :S

Even the uninhabitable bits are monitored for the resources that could be extracted or to make sure no-one else is encroaching :(
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

That's not always a moronic attitude. It can also be a defiant and even game changing attitude. e.g. "Yeah, I googled (whatever). What the fuck are you going to do about it?"
I remember when we started naked skinny dipping at Hippy Hollow (that's a real place), the sheriff arrested a few people. As more and more people went nude swimming on hot afternoons, sheriff couldn't arrest them all, so the state built a parking lot and put up signs to warn tourists that there was nudity going on at the beach.
It's not so much "...you have nothing to fear", as "If I've done nothing wrong, you should be more afraid of me than I am of you."
You don't have to outrun the bear.

You realize a lot of people only supported Snowden because it looked like he only stole particular information and documents, that he didn't do a full Bradley Manning.

While I'm not fan of any government breaking its own laws, you realize the purpose of the NSA is to intercept and decrypt information. Strong encryption works. Weak systems are easily broken. Putting your trust in others to secure your valuables leaves you open to being victimized (especially web letting you down doesn't hurt their reputation).

PS- the Guardian did an abominable job breaking and covering this story.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*