Darius11

Have you ever experienced, or known of someone who has been told that a relationship cannot continue to grow or that before marriage they must convert to the S.O. religion first?

Darius11

When you are saved you are guided to make decisions for Christ instead of for self.

So basically you try to act like Jesus by that I mean you would look at a situation and think what would Jesus do if he was here? and do that instead of what you might have wanted to do?

If your a good person, i am assuming here correct me if i am wrong that the voice of your conscience is what guides you do as Jesus would have. or is there another way to make sure you act correctly?

The way it is usually explained is that you allow Jesus to act through you. If you act like Jesus you are simply playing a role. There is no conviction. When you surrender to Jesus you receive the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides you.

In the beginning it is sometimes difficult to discern the voice of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the voice of your own conscience or the voice of a demonic spirit.

The Holy Spirit will always guide you to a greater, stronger relationship with Jesus.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Hey, genuine question here. Obviously your a Christian, would you mind explaining why you decided Christianity as your religion? Out of the worlds religious/spiritual beliefs, what made you think that Christianity was "the truth"?

RonD1120

When you are saved you are guided to make decisions for Christ instead of for self.

So basically you try to act like Jesus by that I mean you would look at a situation and think what would Jesus do if he was here? and do that instead of what you might have wanted to do?

If your a good person, i am assuming here correct me if i am wrong that the voice of your conscience is what guides you do as Jesus would have. or is there another way to make sure you act correctly?

The way it is usually explained is that you allow Jesus to act through you. If you act like Jesus you are simply playing a role. There is no conviction. When you surrender to Jesus you receive the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides you.

In the beginning it is sometimes difficult to discern the voice of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the voice of your own conscience or the voice of a demonic spirit.

The Holy Spirit will always guide you to a greater, stronger relationship with Jesus.

Backintothesky

Hey, genuine question here. Obviously your a Christian, would you mind explaining why you decided Christianity as your religion? Out of the worlds religious/spiritual beliefs, what made you think that Christianity was "the truth"?

I was a strung out, homeless alcoholic stranded in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California. I reached out to Jesus Christ at the urging of the Holy Spirit. I had no other options for survival. He revealed to me that the basis of my rebellion was the fear of love and responsibility. He showed me the door to salvation as a skydive. I went through it with faith that I would land safely. The experience of surrendering to Christ and asking Him to come into my heart was the most wonderful I had ever had. He showed and granted me forgiveness. I became a new person with a new life in front of me.

That experience took place 16 March 1981. It is as real today as it was then. I found out that when Jesus was all I had, Jesus was all that I needed.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's a total deal breaker. Nothing will end a relationship faster than a conversion demand of me from an S.O. In my world that is a betrayal and will not be tolerated.>:(

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

wow, "betrayal" is a harsh term about it. I'd say it's a unreconcilable condition. No biggie, if it's too much for either party to accept (either way), then it's best to know now.

As a rather non-religious person, I find it a bit silly and I'd decline. then the ball would back in her court. If it's that important to her, then she's better off finding someone similar minded.

seriously, just 'decline'. that's about it.

welcome back, haven't seen your tag her in quite some time.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

26 yrs. with my partner in life when he started reading JW bible, started studying with JW's and he did eventually get baptised JW. As we were common law he wanted to get married in the JW hall, and then we could serve Jehovah together. re: "well yolked."
I had so many questions about his organization he could not answer re: you do not question anything about the organization because it is god's organization on earth, you do not dare question god's organization. I spent 2 years trying to understand JW teaching before leaving him. He had changed so much it terrified me...he could no longer reason, he could no longer share how he felt,...always was what he had been taught. I could not take being witnessed to....I was not raised with religion, have always followed my instinct- :P

eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

quade

Understand it also makes a "great" excuse in some people's minds.

Indeed it does. I've had relationships not even start because I'm an atheist. Also had relationships not start because I didn't want kids, or because of my career, so religion wasn't the only excuse.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Hey Ron thanks for sharing.

All I ever hear is my conscience in my head. It has been a good guide as far as being able to sleep at night, but man has it fucked up some possible good times.

I have only once in my life heard a voice that came from somewhere other than me or my conscience. It’s an experience I remember very well even if it’s more 20 years ago.

Glad you got your stuff on track.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain