jclalor

GOP votes to keep debates off CNN & NBC

I'm glad I opened the link:

I assumed this was about the biased moderation during the debates from those stations.

But it's actually about the biographical mini-series.

I understand the first point, but I don't really see a problem about the second one. As long as the Hillary biography is as flattering as that movie "W". Then everyone can be happy.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well, it is about the GOP debates and allowing them to control the nomination process within their own party. There is plenty of time after for a national debate between both parties once each has selected their candidate.

OOPsey....I'm supposed to be BANNED from this site for the remainder of the week for my Bad behavior in an earlier post. I'll have my wife give me a good spanking this evening:D

Damn...I just noticed by Post ends in 666, this is not good man....this is not good at all. I don't want to have to exit this way.:(

The management at the GOP are idiots.

Plain and simple, this is actually a win for both CNN and NBC. While the other networks might have to spend time, money and effort to cover the drivel of the "debates" (which are never really debates anyway), CNN and NBC can air their regular programming and get paid via commercial revenue.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

this is actually a win for both CNN and NBC. While the other networks might have to spend time, money and effort to cover the drivel of the "debates" (which are never really debates anyway), CNN and NBC can air their regular programming and get paid via commercial revenue.

Absolutely - the real debates are after the nominees. The stuff within the parties is just a pile of who can pander to the ridiculous fringies of both parties. That's why, when it comes down to the real debates, we have caricatures that pretend to be centrist. Even though we all know neither party will nominate anyone that isn't on their own fringes.

I'd rather just watch regular programming. I can pick the lesser of the two evils a few months later.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The GOP called for an end to the Fairness Doctrine, and now they don't like the way it's turning out in this one case. Maybe they should ask for equal time for the Dems on talk radio.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The debates are a complete joke anyways. People like Ron Paul had a rapidly growing base in the last election and the media purposefully blacked him out, marginalized his ideals, and gave limited coverage. The debates are nothing but a scripted show. Unbelievable that things like the demeaning and downright rude treatment that Biden shoveled out to Ryan are even considered "fair and moderate". If anything, learning about the debates, their rules, and behind the scene agreements has done nothing more than to erode my faith that there are "seperate" political parties in this country versus what really amount to two brands of cola. I want a damn Mt dew.....

Side note...

Many years ago when I was a young lad, I traveled the country doing many strange and exotic things in equally strange and exotic locations. One of the sponsors of this traveling circus of sorts, was Mountain Dew. Everywhere we went, cases of the beverage followed us; back stage, in the hotel rooms, on the plane and in the bus, you name it. If we were some place, Mountain Dew was there for the drinking.

I will never drink Mountain Dew again as long as I live.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

kawisixer01

If anything, learning about the debates, their rules, and behind the scene agreements has done nothing more than to erode my faith that there are "seperate" political parties in this country versus what really amount to two brands of cola. I want a damn Mt dew.....

It is called a "duopoly".
And Mt Dew belongs to the Pepsi camp.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

***It is called a "duopoly".

That's what they want you to think.

It's really called a "plutocracy."

I was talking about Pepsi/Coke in particular.
As for Dem/Repub, I agree with you.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.