ryoder

Cops accidentally record themselves admitting they harassed activist at rodeo owners' request

ryoder

How the hell did this recording not get erased?

I'm not sure, maybe AggieDave could confirm or deny, but I think that the equipment they use for dash-cams doesn't have erase capability. At least not selectively and not in the car.

It would be basic "chain of evidence" type of procedure to not allow the officer the ability to erase parts of the recordings that would exonerate the accused or incriminate the officer.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The part of the video that really pissed me off was the horse and the calf that both had broken legs due to the rodeo torture inflicted upon them. Both animals had to be killed so that the "entertainment" of the crowd could occur. Rodeos are as sick and twisted as organized dog fights. Calves and horses aren't as cute as Fido, so the disgusting "entertainment" continues unabated.

The video of the sheriff's discussions are pretty much par for the course. LEO's are usually way above the law when it comes to interactions with citizens. The fact that they were captured on audio/video discussing known illegal actions they performed is interesting, in that they were mostly concerned about lawsuits. They didn't have much concern about being arrested and convicted for their criminal actions, because that will never happen. LEOs are above the law, to a great extent. These turds won't have any civil liability for their actions on the job. The laws that applies to civilans don't apply to them. The taxpayers will foot the bill. The worst that can happen to the turds is that they have to get a new job with a different department. The turds already got away with illegal actions that produced an out of court settlement, and kept their jobs after that. Odds are they won't be fired over this one, either.

The turds should have been arresting the animal abusers, and the organizers of the animal abuse event, just like they do to people who arrange dog or rooster fights. That couldn't happen because the organizers are part of the LEO community. If a private citizen was observed deliberately and coldly breaking a calf or horse's leg on private property, using the same methods as shown in the film, they would be arrested for animal abuse. SInce it happened at an organized public event, with LEOs participating as organizers, it is not illegal.

If I happen to see PBR performers on TV at a bar or restaurant (not uncommon around here), I cheer for the bull and hope that the rider and clowns get seriously injured or killed. Animal torture is right up there with human torture as far as disgusting behavior is concerned.