melch

Bradley Manning nominated for the NPP

***You have a strange view on things.

I'm going to send you a petition to expose Area 51 so I can laugh at you for believing in aliens. Because apparently that's how it works.[/quo

I come from a time when anyone who leaked information about our country to other countries were tried for treason. Now, folks seem to think that that type of activity is just fine. I happen to disagree.
Are you talking about illegal aliens coming into this country or those supposed aliens from other planets. I can confirm there are illegals coming into this country from other countries but I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of aliens from other planets.

Chuck

I come from a time when anyone who leaked information about our country to other countries were tried for treason.

And I come from a time when Organisation A isn't judged because Organisation B sent them a letter which they didn't ask for and won't act on.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I come from a time when anyone who leaked information about our country to other countries were tried for treason.

And I come from a time when Organisation A isn't judged because Organisation B sent them a letter which they didn't ask for and won't act on.

I guess, they have that right. I just don't agree with it. Far as I'm concerned, they can do what they want. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I still, think it's a joke.

Chuck

masterrig

I guess, they have that right. I just don't agree with it. Far as I'm concerned, they can do what they want.

Who have what right?

To reiterate, you're calling the Nobel Committee a joke because you don't like the contents of a petition which was sent to them - a petition they didn't ask for and will not pay any attention to.

Do you see why that's really weird?

jakee

I guess, they have that right. I just don't agree with it. Far as I'm concerned, they can do what they want.

Who have what right?

To reiterate, you're calling the Nobel Committee a joke because you don't like the contents of a petition which was sent to them - a petition they didn't ask for and will not pay any attention to.

Do you see why that's really weird?

How do you know they won't pay attention to it? They paid attention to Obama! I'm saying, if someone wants to send a petition to the committee, that's their right.

Chuck

masterrig

How do you know they won't pay attention to it?

I already replied to you with a quote from a committee spokeswoman saying the petition wouldn't make a blind bit of difference either way.

They paid attention to Obama! I'm saying, if someone wants to send a petition to the committee, that's their right.

You're saying the fact a petition was sent makes the Nobel Committee, the people that it was sent to, a joke. Even though they didn't ask for it and won't pay any attention to it.

If you have a problem with them over Obama, your problem with them is over Obama. There is no earthly reason for you to have a problem with them over Manning for the simple reason that they have not yet done anything in relation to Manning.

jakee

***How do you know they won't pay attention to it?

I already replied to you with a quote from a committee spokeswoman saying the petition wouldn't make a blind bit of difference either way.

They paid attention to Obama! I'm saying, if someone wants to send a petition to the committee, that's their right.

You're saying the fact a petition was sent makes the Nobel Committee, the people that it was sent to, a joke. Even though they didn't ask for it and won't pay any attention to it.

If you have a problem with them over Obama, your problem with them is over Obama. There is no earthly reason for you to have a problem with them over Manning for the simple reason that they have not yet done anything in relation to Manning.

I don't see how you are reading something other than what I said but bottom line, folks can do what they want in regard to the NPP... I don't care! They have that right. I just don't agree with their decisions in regards to awards. Why should that bother you? Or, are you just upset because I don't agree with you? It is my understand that people have the right to their opinions. You have yours and I have mine. What skin is it off your nose?

Chuck

I don't see how you are reading something other than what I said

You said, and confirmed when I questioned you on it, that the Nobel Prize was a joke because of a petition from a group of people completely unconnected with the Nobel Prize, and which the Nobel Prize Committee stated they were going to ignore.

You are judging them for what other people have said and done. If you've made a mistake and that is not what you meant to say, by all means please clarify - but that is what you have said.

I just don't agree with their decisions in regards to awards. Why should that bother you?

I am just pointing out that, as regards Manning, the thing you are disagreeing with has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the people who administer the Prize.

jakee

You said, and confirmed when I questioned you on it, that the Nobel Prize was a joke because of a petition from a group of people completely unconnected with the Nobel Prize, and which the Nobel Prize Committee stated they were going to ignore.

You are judging them for what other people have said and done. If you've made a mistake and that is not what you meant to say, by all means please clarify - but that is what you have said.

I just don't agree with their decisions in regards to awards. Why should that bother you?

I am just pointing out that, as regards Manning, the thing you are disagreeing with has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the people who administer the Prize.

People are entitled to their opinion.

Chuck

masterrig

People are entitled to their opinion.

And as it stands, you have stated that your opinion is that people should be judged for the contents of unsolicited letters that are sent to them.

Like I said, you have a strange view on things.

normiss

I'm with you on not agreeing with some of those chosen for awards.
But I suppose it's their awards program.

I was under the impression the award actually meant something.
I don't believe that's true.

Me too! I always understood that a NPP was a big deal and really 'classy'. Fooled me!

Chuck

Me too! I always understood that a NPP was a big deal and really 'classy'. Fooled me!

But why has the Manning story had any impact on your opinion of the NPP, given that the prize committee has done absolutely nothing whatsoever in relation to Manning?

jakee

But why has the Manning story had any impact on your opinion of the NPP, given that the prize committee has done absolutely nothing whatsoever in relation to Manning?

Not really. Just discussing. As for Manning... I hope they shove him so far back in the pen, they have to pump daylight to him!

Chuck

normiss

I'm with you on not agreeing with some of those chosen for awards.
But I suppose it's their awards program.

I was under the impression the award actually meant something.
I don't believe that's true.

Havent really paid any attention to it over the years, but when they gave a NPP award to a guy that did nothing (and they even said he did nothing), it lost all its meaning.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

normiss

There is an award winner that has stated she will nominate him.
So they will consider him.

Those are the rules. Any Peace Prize Laureate can nominate. And the fact that they haven't changed the rules to stop Manning's nomination kinda backs up my point that the Nobel Committee have done absolutely nothing in relation to Bradley Manning.

masterrig

Not really.

The question was 'why?'. So what does 'Not really' mean?

"And the fact that they haven't changed the rules to stop Manning's nomination kinda backs up my point that the Nobel Committee have done absolutely nothing in relation to Bradley Manning"

That is.

Fucking looney petitions mean shit. Why should anyone care what they want?