dmcoco84

Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed

DaVinci

I don't know why anyone objects to studying it to see if it could be useful in treatments.

Makes zero sense.

Prevent good, honest science, stop treatments from reaching people who need them. Give the business to criminals, prosecute people needlessly. How does that not make sense?
(sarcasm)
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

DaVinci

I don't know why anyone objects to studying it to see if it could be useful in treatments.

Makes zero sense.

Not to mention the hundreds of other uses for Hemp (the none psychoactive kind) we could be benefiting from.

When you realize the campaign to make it illegal was all money based so cotton would stay as profitable, and the propaganda was to stop Negros and Mexicans from raping white woman [:/][:/][:/][:/] and we still haven't changed FUCK
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

it's called history, and those who don't study it are doomed to repeat it. myself, i would prefer to just overthrow the current administration and start over. maybe get another 100 or so years before the corruption gets too bad.

dmcoco84

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-marijuana/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Very good article. Now he just needs to be woken up to the fact that the Controlled Substance Act is itself illegal... the Federal government has no such power under the Constitution without amendment; but states do.

Just saw this on FB a few hours ago. Good read.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

dmcoco84

i would prefer to just overthrow the current administration and start over

Once again...

Are you smoking crack?

Crack is bad umkay!

Given the historical precedent for "bad" regimes being overthrown in the hope that sweetness and light will ensue, the sentiment of the poster constitutes the classic doing the same thing and expecting different results.

For some reason people tend to overlook the possibility (probability) of going from bad to much, much worse. Regardless of how bad things may suck here and now, it is a vast improvement over a lot that I have personally witnessed.

BSBD,

Winsor