CanuckInUSA

Work of the Eco-terrorists?

CanuckInUSA

Is this the work of the eco-terrorists? Where hiking and biking trails are now being sabotaged, where humans and their best friends (dogs) lives are being put at risk?

Read more here.

How far are these nut bars willing to go?

Eco terrorists? Naw. There are some pathological dog haters out there and their hatred has nothing to do with eco-terrorism. We get similar stuff in parks in the city.. people leaving poisoned food for dogs to eat, or pieces of meat with nails in them.... just a bunch of psycho freaks. There's a guy in my building who gets totally bent out of shape any time he sees a dog. He keeps complaining to our property manager about how we need to outlaw dogs. He is rude and mean to dog owners. He could not care less about environmentalism... he just hates dogs.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

quade

Sure, jump straight to "Eco-terrorist." That seems reasonable.

Psychos, pot growers and meth cookers? Naw. Can't be them. Must be "Eco-terrorist."

I think using traps in one place would get more attention then the drug dealers would want. But who knows
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

***Sure, jump straight to "Eco-terrorist." That seems reasonable.

Psychos, pot growers and meth cookers? Naw. Can't be them. Must be "Eco-terrorist."

I think using traps in one place would get more attention then the drug dealers would want. But who knows
Indeed. And most of the pot growers and meth cookers do their work in the city, not up on mountain trails.

quade

Maybe it's different up in the Great White North. Down here, sometimes you want to be careful which forest you walk into.

Grouse Mountain is not a forest in the strictest sense. I mean, yes, it is a forest. But it is really more of a glorified park. You can get to it by city transit.
Edit:
http://www.grousemountain.com/

quade

You failed to acknowledge and recognize the "?" mark in the title of the thread as well as the content of the words in the thread. It was a question, is this eco-terrorism? It wasn't a statement. Some will think it is eco-terrorism and some won't. But your first reaction was to attack the poster. Why? Do you really have that much hatred in your head? or are you just intolerant towards those who have different opinions than your own. I don't agree with everything BillVon says, but Bill is a fair man. He rarely attacks people on this form. The same can not be said for you. How you got this job of being a moderator is a mystery. But don't worry, keep showing the rest of us how much hate you have in that mind of yours towards anyone who does not see the world through the same colored glasses you use. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Sorry CanuckInUSA... just weighing in with my 2 cents, but I don't see the personal attack.
It is a strange question to ask.. why would you feel this might be the work of eco-terrorists? Why even bring it up? It is a bad thing to do, certainly... laying wire traps for random people and animals to get caught. But you were the person to mention eco-terrorism. It didn't mention that at all in the article.

If you read the comments from the article you will see that some people (not all) think this might be a case of eco-terrorism, hence my question. I repeat from the original post I never made the statement that this was eco-terrorism. It was only a question.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

If you read the comments from the article you will see that some people (not all) think this might be a case of eco-terrorism, hence my question. I repeat from the original post I never made the statement that this was eco-terrorism. It was only a question.

Line of progression:
1) Comment made by conservative-ish poster
2) Narrow view only sees "eco" and then terrorism linked together
3) Immediate "Defense" response.
4) Personal attack against OP
5) Defense of actions regardless of logic.
6) More personal attacks
7) Spelling and grammar attacks
8) Attitude of "What does it matter anyway"
9) Entire thread is derailed and the original subject matter avoided and ignored.
10) The left leaning posters PM each other and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

quade

No different than you saying the Republicans are waging a war on women

Same bs
Different bs channel
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Sure, jump straight to "Eco-terrorist." That seems reasonable.

Same bs
Different bs channel
and just like that.. BLAM! Thread derailed to partisan bickering, yet again.

10) The left leaning posters PM each other and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Obama has taught them well
Abraham Lincoln

NorrinRadd

******Sure, jump straight to "Eco-terrorist." That seems reasonable.

Same bs
Different bs channel
and just like that.. BLAM! Thread derailed to partisan bickering, yet again.

The OP was that way
Did you read your own subjecy line?

sheesh
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Just wondering if it is in fact possible to have a discussion in SC that doesn't have the words "republican", "democrat", or anything related thereof.

Just wondering if it is in fact possible to have a discussion in SC that doesn't have the words "republican", "democrat", or anything related thereof.

Now that's some funny shit, right there.

(For the record, I am sympathetic to your statement)

NorrinRadd

Sure, instead you can use RWC's, Conservatives, Liberals, Progressives, Wackos, Libtards, Repubicans etc.

Did I miss any?