ChrisD

Candy Bar conspiracy

It's old news that the Justice dapaarment has won a judgment under the Ricco acts and also for the anti competitive business acts, (Price fixing.)

But fining companies that have James River Homesteads (meaning Washington connections.) fines of 5 million when they are a trillion dollar industry is redonkulous!!!

DeFacto price fixing is when there is no incentive to compete in an open market. Why should I lower my prices when I can keep the same price and everyone pays it?

At the wholesale level your $1.20 candy bar costs about 5 cents per hundred! That's right folks the markup on candy is over a million percent. Try to compete with this and the companies put "Pressure" on the wholesalers to raise you price!

This makes candy one of the most profitable items in the store!

So why can't a startup company take over the market? Cause Obama's and Bush supporters are major funding sources or the raw ingredients...

One company controls sugar in americka! The justice deparment can break up the phone company, but touch the Cubans...Me thinks not,...WHY?

Also with the demise of the mom and pop store, think Whalmart....you don't have a choice where yo can go to make your purchases!

Think about this the next time you reach for a snickers bar!

And what was the response to the fine?

Well the M&M Mars company, recently increased their advertising revenue by 200 million, to spread the word and also to make sure the media in Americka didn't report the fine in the first place...

funny how things work around here....

C

Remember this when yo all try to stick your butterfinger in someone else's Milkyway???:S personally I'm a Mounds type of guy....

But seriously the industry is sticken its Zagnut where only Milk duds should be....We should all be screaming O Henery at this one.
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

At the wholesale level your $1.20 candy bar costs about 5 cents per hundred! That's right folks the markup on candy is over a million percent. Try to compete with this and the companies put "Pressure" on the wholesalers to raise you price!

This part is incorrect, making the entire rest of your rambling... well, worthless.

Do some reading, please:

http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/rising_cost_of_candy
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Try sucking on this:
http://business.financialpost.com/2013/06/06/criminal-charges-laid-against-nestle-canada-other-companies-for-chocolate-price-fixing/

I can't even find the American Justice departments stuff anymore, that's what caused some to bring this issue
to my attention.... So now to find USA antitrust history youll need to actually do some work! Try going thru old WSJ issues at your local library and none of this raisies even an eyebrow with some of you???

I'm starten to feel like mel Gibson in that movie....

Such is American controlld media...stuff just disappears????

BIGUN

This part is incorrect, making the entire rest of your rambling... well, worthless.

Do some reading, please:

http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/rising_cost_of_candy

Ya ,ya,

that makes a lot of sense, go to the company sponsored site for your info and ...

What! you chose to ignore the criminal act that they were found guilty of???

Take your own and advice and do some thinking!

What are you some kind of Milky way addict?

C

:)
Local chocholat is considered small time, under 100K per instance

Compared with a trillion dollar industry???

I do wish there were more startups!!!

Why aren't there?

I can't even find the American Justice departments stuff anymore, that's what caused some to bring this issue
to my attention.... So now to find USA antitrust history youll need to actually do some work! Try going thru old WSJ issues at your local library and none of this raisies even an eyebrow with some of you???

I can't even begin to tell you how big a pile of "don't give a shit" I have about this particular issue, when there are much more important things to "Give a shit" about..
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

I can't even begin to tell you how big a pile of "don't give a shit" I have about this particular issue, when there are much more important things to "Give a shit" about..

Apparently the Court in PA, corporate home of Hersey btw, agrees with you, [:/], their fine was only 5 mill, and the fine was to be earmarked to the general fund and not to justice ( if the fine went to justice, it would have been used to fund future investigations.)

So I take it that major price fixing in americka isn't of interest to you ?

How about the 20,000 or so adults, now in their 70s' and up,... THE VICTIMS OF THE EASTERN AIRLINES COLLAPSE, that can't afford the 20% deductible or to pay their other home costs?

How about the Enron, WorldComm, etc,...that have left over a million people without retirement or the ability to pay their basic needs?

How about a changing society that the majority of belive that laws are there to protect the people and that government will right all wrongs?

how about corporations that have taken over, just that no-one belives that it has already happened?

When the laws of this nation are ignored in favor of the corporation's interests, givin the current supreme court decisions of the last ten,/ 20 years, ya your right candy bars probably don't deserve any mention...

C

Snickers?? I never trusted that candy bar.(snickers are known democrats so I'm not surprised)But your saying the M&M guys are in on it too?? Crap it!! I love those little round guys!! What about Kisses??? I need kisses with my coffee!!
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Snickers?? I never trusted that candy bar.(snickers are known democrats so I'm not surprised)But your saying the M&M guys are in on it too?? Crap it!! I love those little round guys!! What about Kisses??? I need kisses with my coffee!!

Your soo cute! :)
Did you have an opportunity to go to the candy bar site, (Company funded,) and see how in the last ten years most all of our favorite candies have suffered in quality and composition.??? It's not candy anymore!

C

Brachs started this off in the 70s' when the billion heiress publicly stated their companies profit margins were more than Leona Hemsly made in her whole life....

Leona Hemsly was before Berni Madoffff and was found guilty , not because she was defrauding the government of millions in hidden profit, but because the public outcry was so great when she said:

"Taxes are for the little people,..." on an interview....

C

All candy company funded....

Why do you think these companies target Saturday TV before noon?