tristansdad

Thoughts on Syria

BigMikeH77

So how come you're living in the USA?

Tread carefully, friend. You don't know me, my story, where I've been, what I've done any more than I know you/yours. It takes all kinds, opinions, and ideas to make the US work. Even more importantly, it takes tolerance and acceptance of those whom you don't agree.

Clearly we don't agree.. But you don't see me questioning your alliegance, do you?

"Tread carefully"? I'll tread where I please, Bud. Remember, you're not back home. You're living in the USA, and "friend"? No chance today.

All this "tolerance and acceptance" has got us where we are today.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Say something bad about Israel, and you're immediately labeled an anti-semite

No, not all critics of Israel ar anti semite, but many are. Since being an anti semite is a no no these days, this became the new way to many.

Not saying what you are or aren't. But I find it VERY weird to drag Israel into this mess too. How exactly is Israel to blame for the mess going on in Syria?
Really don't see why Israel should be discussed in this thread at all.
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

>All this "tolerance and acceptance" has got us where we are today.

Yep. If we only still had slavery, if we'd just kept those Japanese prison camps, if women weren't out voting all the time, if you could still toss gays in jail for being - you know - gay, we would now be the strongest nation on the planet instead of . . . the, uh . . . .

Might want to rethink that.

billvon

>All this "tolerance and acceptance" has got us where we are today.

Yep. If we only still had slavery, if we'd just kept those Japanese prison camps, if women weren't out voting all the time, if you could still toss gays in jail for being - you know - gay, we would now be the strongest nation on the planet instead of . . . the, uh . . . .

Might want to rethink that.

Don't twist it. It was tolerance and acceptance that has brought us grief since 9/11, and it continues to this day. It has stolen any since of privacy, made air travel a pain, ....etc.
As for slavery, Japanese prison camps, women voting, and locking up gay guys.....I wuz only following orders.

>It was tolerance and acceptance that has brought us grief since 9/11

In what way? Gay marriage? Civil rights? Tolerance of people who own guns? Acceptance of religion in the US? Which of those should we "go back" on?

>It has stolen any since of privacy, made air travel a pain, ....etc.

That was the Patriot Act, which is the opposite of acceptance.

Terrorists who enter the country legally or illegally have done so with tolerance and acceptance. So many have come on student visas only to disappear off the radar of a failed system. Nobody questioned why the 9-11 terrorists were learning how to take off (never caring about landing) the 757 simulators. The FBI dropped the ball on the Boston bombers. Think of all the ones who simply walked across the border..

>n what way? Gay marriage? Civil rights? Tolerance of people who own guns? Acceptance of religion in the US? Which of those should we "go back" on?

Just ask yourself why the President of the United States has authorized the monitoring of emails, phone calls, etc. of every person, church or organization in the United States except MOSQUES. In other words, anyone in a mosque planning an attack against the United States has no fear of FBI informants, monitoring, or violation of their "civil rights". Sounds like gross "acceptance and tolerance" to me.

No cigar, Bill. It's not the guns, gays, or civil rights. It's about your president and his "tolerance and acceptance" of what goes on behind the walls of a mosque. He has violated my civil rights as well as yours, and he has betrayed the United States.

You need to go fishing or listen to Allen Jackson.

Just ask yourself why the President of the United States has authorized the monitoring of emails, phone calls, etc. of every person, church or organization in the United States except MOSQUES. In other words, anyone in a mosque planning an attack against the United States has no fear of FBI informants, monitoring, or violation of their "civil rights".

Bullshit.

- Dan G

DanG

Just ask yourself why the President of the United States has authorized the monitoring of emails, phone calls, etc. of every person, church or organization in the United States except MOSQUES. In other words, anyone in a mosque planning an attack against the United States has no fear of FBI informants, monitoring, or violation of their "civil rights".

Bullshit.

Obama's Snooping Excludes Mosques, Missed Boston Bombers

Posted 06/12/2013 06:34 PM ET

Email
Print
License
Comment
inShare

Homeland Insecurity: The White House assures that tracking our every phone call and keystroke is to stop terrorists, and yet it won't snoop in mosques, where the terrorists are.

That's right, the government's sweeping surveillance of our most private communications excludes the jihad factories where homegrown terrorists are radicalized.

Since October 2011, mosques have been off-limits to FBI agents. No more surveillance or undercover string operations without high-level approval from a special oversight body at the Justice Department dubbed the Sensitive Operations Review Committee.

Who makes up this body, and how do they decide requests? Nobody knows; the names of the chairman, members and staff are kept secret.

We do know the panel was set up under pressure from Islamist groups who complained about FBI stings at mosques. Just months before the panel's formation, the Council on American-Islamic Relations teamed up with the ACLU to sue the FBI for allegedly violating the civil rights of Muslims in Los Angeles by hiring an undercover agent to infiltrate and monitor mosques there.

Before mosques were excluded from the otherwise wide domestic spy net the administration has cast, the FBI launched dozens of successful sting operations against homegrown jihadists — inside mosques — and disrupted dozens of plots against the homeland.

If only they were allowed to continue, perhaps the many victims of the Boston Marathon bombings would not have lost their lives and limbs. The FBI never canvassed Boston mosques until four days after the April 15 attacks, and it did not check out the radical Boston mosque where the Muslim bombers worshipped.

The bureau didn't even contact mosque leaders for help in identifying their images after those images were captured on closed-circuit TV cameras and cellphones.

One of the Muslim bombers made extremist outbursts during worship, yet because the mosque wasn't monitored, red flags didn't go off inside the FBI about his increasing radicalization before the attacks.

This is particularly disturbing in light of recent independent surveys of American mosques, which reveal some 80% of them preach violent jihad or distribute violent literature to worshippers.

What other five-alarm jihadists are counterterrorism officials missing right now, thanks to restrictions on monitoring the one area they should be monitoring?

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061213-659753-all-intrusive-obama-terror-dragnet-excludes-mosques.htm#ixzz2WZWn3mwD
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Since October 2011, mosques have been off-limits to FBI agents. No more surveillance or undercover string operations without high-level approval from a special oversight body at the Justice Department dubbed the Sensitive Operations Review Committee.

Yeah, just like the fact that domestic surveillance needs to be approved by a secret court means that domestic surveillance has been banned.

The rest of your "article" is equally full of bullshit.

- Dan G

Yeah, it's "all bullshit" just like this: "We need enforcement and surveillance, but it needs to be smart and targeted surveillance. And that can only happen under leaders who stop apologizing for singling out members of an ideology responsible for our long war because of their beliefs.
We’re at war with an ideology. Singling out members of that ideology is the only rational way to fight that war."
Posted by Debra Moore at 11:44 AM

It really doesn't matter where this came from. It's simply the cold hard facts that most liberals would like to hide under their beds.

Yeah, it's "all bullshit" just like this: "We need enforcement and surveillance, but it needs to be smart and targeted surveillance. And that can only happen under leaders who stop apologizing for singling out members of an ideology responsible for our long war because of their beliefs.
We’re at war with an ideology. Singling out members of that ideology is the only rational way to fight that war."
Posted by Debra Moore at 11:44 AM

It really doesn't matter where this came from. It's simply the cold hard facts that most liberals would like to hide under their beds.

I get it now. You'r rather have safety than liberty. I suppose that means you're on the government's side in the NSA scandal. Very interesting.

- Dan G