Gravitymaster

Articles of Impeachment

Gravitymaster

******delaying tax exempt status for Conservative Group until after the election. I'm sure none of this was done to affect the outcome of the election. :S

If the groups' activities would have effected the outcome of the the election, then they were not deserving of tax exempt status. Pick one or the other.

Blues,
Dave

What do you think PAC's do?

527 /= 503(c)(4)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

billvon

It's fun to watch the right wing blow it this way periodically.

I'm glad you think denying people their rights to have a voice in how their country is run, is so entertaining.

Here's some more funny stuff for you to yuk-it-up on.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/14/Progressive-Group-Says-IRS-Gave-Them-Confidential-Docs-On-Conservative-Groups

The progressive-leaning investigative journalism group ProPublica says the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office that targeted and harassed conservative tax-exempt groups during the 2012 election cycle gave the progressive group nine confidential applications of conservative groups whose tax-exempt status was pending.

The commendable admission lends further evidence to the lengths the IRS went during an election cycle to silence tea party and limited government voices.

ProPublica says the documents the IRS gave them were “not supposed to be made public”:

The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year... In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We made six of those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)

The group says that "no unapproved applications from liberal groups were sent to ProPublica.”

Oh, ho, ho...that's some funny stuff isn't it?

>I'm glad you think denying people their rights to have a voice in how their country is run . . .

And don't forget the children. Why o why is Obama hurting, nay killing, the children? Won't someone please think of the children?

I'm glad you think denying people their rights to have a voice in how their country is run, is so entertaining.

I wasn't aware that anyone was silenced. I thought they were just told "You'll have to wait a bit for a decision on whether your activities are tax-exempt." Worst case scenario, they were so afraid of an adverse ruling that they ran 30% fewer ads.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

livendive

I wasn't aware that anyone was silenced. I thought they were just told "You'll have to wait a bit for a decision on whether your activities are tax-exempt." Worst case scenario, they were so afraid of an adverse ruling that they ran 30% fewer ads.

Blues,
Dave

While other advocacy groups got their requests approved, sometimes within 30 days.

RonD1120

Benghazigate, IRSgate, APgate, I think I'm feeling a tingle in my leg. It has been a long time since I experienced this level of anticipatory excitement.

I thought you were getting that feeling before the election? You know, when you thought the antichrist couldn't possibly be voted in again?

Oh.... wait........
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

>Benghazigate, IRSgate, APgate, I think I'm feeling a tingle in my leg. It has
>been a long time since I experienced this level of anticipatory excitement.

Just be sure to call your doctor if it lasts more than four hours.

billvon

>I'm glad you think denying people their rights to have a voice in how their country is run . . .

And don't forget the children. Why o why is Obama hurting, nay killing, the children? Won't someone please think of the children?

Hmm
there seems to be a correlation between your cynicism and how deep Obama is in scandals

Just saying
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Benghazigate, IRSgate, APgate, I think I'm feeling a tingle in my leg. It has
>been a long time since I experienced this level of anticipatory excitement.

Just be sure to call your doctor if it lasts more than four hours.

Just saying......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Watergate looks like My Fair Lady compared to other stories, Clinton getting blown, Iran Contra, Off balance sheet accounting for Irag and Afgan, flying tons of poppy out of Afgan, and there is plenty we don't know about....as the criminal enterprise owns it. Plus lawyers are much smart now... Watergate the lesson...

rushmc

***>I'm glad you think denying people their rights to have a voice in how their country is run . . .

Hmm
there seems to be a correlation between your cynicism and how deep Obama is in scandals

Just saying

I've noticed that too. However, I find the hysterical gyrations...entertaining. I think it's a veneer to hide the panic below the surface

> I find the hysterical gyrations...entertaining.

I do too. Watching the "IMPEACH HIM!" rhetoric is fun, and with the GOP screaming impotently they at least won't have the energy to do anything really damaging - outlawing abortion, trying to stop gay marriage etc.

Gravitymaster

Well, at least you have evolved from finding humor in abuses by the IRS to being entertained by some obscure call for impeachment. Are you always this easily entertained?

I don't find the Benghazi situation, or the IRS thing, or the DOJ thing humorous.

I am, however, amused at the people who are frothing at the mouth over these astronomical scandals.

- a few dozen political activists got their tax-exempt status decisions back-burnered more than others
- some journalists suspected of leaking classified information were subject to Patriot Act level surveillance
- an ambassador, computer geek, and a couple rent-a-cops were killed in a war-torn middle eastern country that had recently overthrown its government
- a President lied about oral sex with someone who was not his wife.

Yet these same people gave a free pass to the lies that killed thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqi's. No big deal.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

livendive

***Well, at least you have evolved from finding humor in abuses by the IRS to being entertained by some obscure call for impeachment. Are you always this easily entertained?

I don't find the Benghazi situation, or the IRS thing, or the DOJ thing humorous.

I am, however, amused at the people who are frothing at the mouth over these astronomical scandals.

- a few dozen political activists got their tax-exempt status decisions back-burnered more than others
- some journalists suspected of leaking classified information were subject to Patriot Act level surveillance
- an ambassador, computer geek, and a couple rent-a-cops were killed in a war-torn middle eastern country that had recently overthrown its government
- a President lied about oral sex with someone who was not his wife.

Yet these same people gave a free pass to the lies that killed thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqi's. No big deal.

Blues,
Dave

In you opinion. That was hashed out on here for several years. Perhaps it would do you well to go back and read it all again? Then you can move forward and discuss today's topics. Like how Soros and Obama are intertwined and why the situation in Bengazi might have occurred the way it did. "Responsibility to Protect".

billvon

I do too. Watching the "IMPEACH HIM!" rhetoric is fun, and with the GOP screaming impotently

it's a nice offset to the last guy when the DFL was yelling "IMPEACH HIM!" and "TRY HIM AS A WAR CRIMINAL"

equally hysterical to watch this time
and sad that it happens every time regardless of party

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>it's a nice offset to the last guy when the DFL was yelling "IMPEACH HIM!"
>and "TRY HIM AS A WAR CRIMINAL"

>equally hysterical to watch this time

Agreed. Seems to go in cycles. Good theater, and good material for comedians worldwide.

Gravitymaster

Suppressing the truth on Bengazi until after the election, delaying tax exempt status for Conservative Group until after the election. I'm sure none of this was done to affect the outcome of the election. :S

Do you recall why the Watergate office of the DNC was broken into?

The particular rule under which tax exempt status was requested specifically prohibits political activity. Rather hard for an organization with "Tea Party" in its name to make the claim of being apolitical after all the effort the party has expended trying to defeat Obama, don't you think?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

The particular rule under which tax exempt status was requested specifically prohibits political activity. Rather hard for an organization with "Tea Party" in its name to make the claim of being apolitical after all the effort the party has expended trying to defeat Obama, don't you think?

I think that counts as the first person to try to rationalize the actions of the IRS just because they don't like the groups.

Who won the pool? I didn't have Kallend,

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kallend

It's OK, ignorance is curable.

Perhaps you should have paid more attention in school.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"