normiss

SOME people understand the 4th

I got a kick out of this quote from the article:

"Other lawmakers said they are weighing protecting privacy versus protecting citizens from a crime. "

Do you see the problem with this?
:D:D

When they want something they roll out the "protection" card. When citizens point out their failure to do so they point to the SCOTUS where protection is not their job description.

:D:D:D.[/laugh][/laugh][/laugh]

Yes, they really do think that citizens are just that stupid. Sad part is that it's often quite hard to argue against that.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes, they really do think that citizens are just that stupid. Sad part is that it's often quite hard to argue against that.

50% of the people have below average IQ. :o

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

50% of the people have below average IQ. :o

Those are the ones that drag the average own.
:D

Local LEO use of drones?

I'm all for it as our rights erode every day.

They got ripped at $25k each.

I made my drone for around $1k, complete with GoPro.

Yeah, but you didn't have taxpayers backing you.

I got a kick out of this quote from the article:

"Other lawmakers said they are weighing protecting privacy versus protecting citizens from a crime. "

Do you see the problem with this?

Well, if we give up all of our privacy to the government, then we would be perfectly safe from harm, right?

Local LEO use of drones?

Yeah, but you didn't have taxpayers backing you.

Whaddya mean? I AM a taxpayer.

Local LEO use of drones?

Pfft That's wholesale.
And does it have a missile pylon?

That's next weeks project.

I'm not going to get too upset about this subject. Not much difference between a drone and a helicopter. Did someone not know that LEO use helicopters?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I'm not going to get too upset about this subject. Not much difference between a drone and a helicopter. Did someone not know that LEO use helicopters?

Just curious if your property includes the air as well as the ground. If not, would a drone hovering outside your window be considered in the 'public domain' and anything it sees 'in plain sight'?

That's long-since been ruled on by various courts around the country - mostly police helos finding pot farms, stills, other illegal activity, etc. 9 out of 10 courts say the airspace is open, so it's in plain sight. Don't want your shit seen? Conceal it from view, on all 3 dimensions.

That's long-since been ruled on by various courts around the country - mostly police helos finding pot farms, stills, other illegal activity, etc. 9 out of 10 courts say the airspace is open, so it's in plain sight. Don't want your shit seen? Conceal it from view, on all 3 dimensions.

What if a drone helicopter is hovering 5 feet off the ground looking in my window? Isn't that the same thing as a peeping Tom? Just because it doesn't have feet touching the ground doesn't mean it can fly around and look anywhere it wants.

What if a drone helicopter is hovering 5 feet off the ground looking in my window? Isn't that the same thing as a peeping Tom? Just because it doesn't have feet touching the ground doesn't mean it can fly around and look anywhere it wants.

Well, Sock Puppet, I'd predict that in that specific scenario, most judges who are at least minimally competent lawyers in their own right would agree with you, at least in their own thoughts. But judges are very political, and hate to rule against cops, so oftern you get a lot of intellectually dishonest, pro-prosecution rulings at the trial court level. Most appellate courts would probably rule in agreement with you. :| Whoever "you" are. ;)

Hey, did you ever paint that, uh, state flag on your garage door? I've occasionally wondered how that turned out with the HA.