ManagingPrime

Enough with the gun talk...lets talk about violence.

>Laws,and courts are more about punishing unlawful behavior and collecting money
>than protecting people from violence.

Agreed; that's the role of police.

>Thinking that the justice system will protect you from becoming victimized is
>living in denial as to how violent our world is.

?? And thinking that your reserve will save your life if you have a mal is also living in denial.

They're still a good idea.

?? And thinking that your reserve will save your life if you have a mal is also living in denial.

Not a valid comparison.

?? And thinking that EMTs or Paramedics will save your life if you have a mal is also living in denial.

A reserve is something preventative one if not incapacitated has direct control over. Justice doesn't get involved until after something happens, either actual or threats.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

>And thinking that your reserve will save your life if you have a mal is also living in denial.

I know all to well that there is no guarantee that a reserve will save your life,because I've had a reserve tension knot spin me on my back from 2500ft to 300ft.
How about you? Have you experienced the sickening feeling of looking over your shoulder at the ground spinning up at you because plan B was worse than plan A?
I know that skydiving is extremely dangerous but still choose to do it anyway.
Becoming the victim of crime is not something most people would seek to experience.
I find it amusing that you would compare the two experiences as you did.
We have far less control over violent criminals or the presence of law enforcement than we do over our parachutes,yet we are stuck with them.
If the justice system convicts someone for hurting you,or killing you,how has it protected your safety?

>Laws,and courts are more about punishing unlawful behavior and collecting money
>than protecting people from violence.

Agreed; that's the role of police.

It may be a case of where the devil is in the details, but wasn't there a recent court case that stated police are not required to place themselves in harms way to protect a citizen? More recent than warren vs district of columbia.

>I know all to well that there is no guarantee that a reserve will save your life

Agreed. Sure is nice to have, though, eh? After all, you are here to tell the tale.

>Becoming the victim of crime is not something most people would seek to experience.

Nope. But happens to some of us anyway.

>If the justice system convicts someone for hurting you,or killing you,how has
>it protected your safety?

By discouraging others from doing the same. I am protected, in part, by the prosecutions going back centuries in the US for crimes committed to others. Which is good; crime in the US is going down.

>I know all to well that there is no guarantee that a reserve will save your life

Agreed. Sure is nice to have, though, eh? After all, you are here to tell the tale.

>Becoming the victim of crime is not something most people would seek to experience.

Nope. But happens to some of us anyway.

>If the justice system convicts someone for hurting you,or killing you,how has
>it protected your safety?

By discouraging others from doing the same. I am protected, in part, by the prosecutions going back centuries in the US for crimes committed to others. Which is good; crime in the US is going down.

maybe, but you're still dead.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Per NY Times: Study shows nearly 1 in 5 women report having been sexually assaulted.

Another study shows that nearly 15% of all US adults admit they were a victim of domestic violence.

15% eh? Not much less than the % of Americans who claim to have met extra-terrestrial beings.

Those damn, lying bitches!

I agree that punishments rendered can be a huge discouragement to others if the punishment is severe enough.
The problem is that the punishments we see today are not severe enough.
If crime is decreasing as you say, it is probably not the threat of punishment,or stricter gun control that is causing the reduction.
It could be something like better education and other opportunities that may be available to people to elevate themselves to better positions of financial security, instead of living in poverty.
Other crimes like child abuse, pedophile behavior,rape,crimes of passion, ect,are much harder to find answers for since they are not financially motivated.