Skyrad

'We bear responsibility for every child': B H Obama

Some news sources have reported that the shooter had some kind of autistic spectrum disorder.

Those reports have been debunked, more likely some sort of severe bi-polar disorder. Dr. Sanjay Gupta did a story on it the other night and all experts agree this was not the behavior you would expect to see in an autistic person.

I'm still hearing he had asperger's, part of the autistic spectrum disorder. From what I've seen these disorders can occur along with other disorders or emotional problems, and can result in violent behavior in some situations. I guess we'll know more when the inquest is up.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Some news sources have reported that the shooter had some kind of autistic spectrum disorder.

They also said his mother was a teacher at the school.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I do have experience with some of the various bands of autistic spectrum disorders. I'll leave it to others to decide if and which had any bearing on the incident.

I also don't believe that having aspergers amond other syndromes means one will not be involved in violent episodes....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

They also said his mother was a teacher at the school.

The mother of Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza told a divorce mediator in 2009 that she didn't like to leave him alone and that she would care for him as long as he needed it.

When Lanza's parents divorced in 2009, the settlement left his mother with a comfortable income and the comfort of knowing that the then-17-year-old boy would have his education paid for and his medical insurance covered.

If there was bitterness and anger between Nancy and Peter Lanza, it is not described in court papers. And there was no mention of any lingering mental health or medical issues for Adam Lanza, nothing that could even hint at the horror he would unleash three years later.

In working through the terms of their divorce, the couple spent considerable time talking about how to provide for Adam Lanza's well-being, said Paula Levy, a mediator who worked with the couple.

During their meetings, the couple mentioned that Adam Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, an autism-like disorder, Levy said. But the Lanzas were in complete agreement on how to address Adam's needs and said little about the details of his condition, Levy said.

, said Paula Levy, a mediator who worked with the couple.

During their meetings, the couple mentioned that Adam Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, an autism-like disorder, Levy said. But the Lanzas were in complete agreement on how to address Adam's needs and said little about the details of his condition, Levy said.

Ms Levy is pretty forthcoming in providing information from a private job she did for a client. Doesn't sound very professional. If she's giving interviews in hopes of getting some press and more business, I can see how this would backfire bad.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

sure - a legal confidentiality agreement is one thing.

but you don't need a document signed to just be professional and show a tiny bit of class......or not

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants