CanuckInUSA

Some advise for the GOP in a changing world

They spent money on a cause that the money was given for. I know this is a difficult concept for many.

Taxes are general revenue and to be spent as government sees fit.

Oh, you mean like Social Security?

If your lected politicians decide that is aprt of it, then yes.

If you don't like it, try and get a politician elected who will/can change it.

In the mean time we have, according to you a GOP leadership who squandered north of a billion dollars on a campaign they couldn't win. Yet you think they would be the best fiscal choice.

Either your logic is a little off, or you didn't mean something you said. Neither would be a huge surprise.

So you are not capable of seeing the absurdity of your claim? Not really a surprise.

Irony score 10/10.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

David Frum, former Bush staffer who has been on the outs with the party ever since he publicly opined that Sara Palin was too stupid to be a VP candidate, wrote this in today's National Post. It does a better job of making similar points to what Canuck and I were making.

The reasonable ones would understand what Frum is saying, but the reasonable one's lost control of the party long ago. Until the GOP starts listening to the silent majority of the right, instead of the crazies in the tri-cornered hats, that are frothing at the mouth, their party is doomed.

Then again, what's the definition of insanity?

David Frum, former Bush staffer who has been on the outs with the party ever since he publicly opined that Sara Palin was too stupid to be a VP candidate, wrote this in today's National Post. It does a better job of making similar points to what Canuck and I were making.

The reasonable ones would understand what Frum is saying, but the reasonable one's lost control of the party long ago. Until the GOP starts listening to the silent majority of the right, instead of the crazies in the tri-cornered hats, that are frothing at the mouth, their party is doomed.

AND ANOTHER THING.

The righties need to stop using code words to disguise their bigotry. Like they think the rest of us are too stupid to understand.

AND ANOTHER THING.

The righties need to stop using code words to disguise their bigotry. Like they think the rest of us are too stupid to understand.

If the power holding individuals on the right would stop clinging to ideology and start using their position to advance the fiscal and economic solutions they have in their back pocket we would get so much more accomplished in a much more bipartisan manner.

I've been saying for the last three years that the tea-party had the potential to be the greatest thing to hit US politics in my generation but the idiots like Palin took it over and mutated it from a position of fiscal responsibility and turned it into abortions and gay marriages.

People need to put their social arguments on the back burner until we are on more stable economic grounds, until that happens the GOP is going to fail.

And this is of course coming from a registered Republican, even I'm turned off by my party's actions.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

AND ANOTHER THING.

Code words? disguise their bigotry? If only they were so subtle.

”I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them other people’s money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn their money and provide for themselves and their families. The best way to do that is to get the manufacturing sector of the economy rolling.”

Rick Santorum

I hope Gravitymaster reads that and comprehends it.

David Frum is an elitist RINO. No wonder you like him.

Instead of wallowing in denial it would benefit you and those of your ilk to engage in a little introspection about the causes of your failure to get your rich hero elected.

Like total incompetence in the tech area of the campaign:

www.theverge.com/2012/11/9/3624636/killer-fail-how-romneys-broken-orca-app-cost-him-thousands-of-votes

Instead of wallowing in denial it would benefit you and those of your ilk to engage in a little introspection about the causes of your failure to get your rich hero elected.

www.theverge.com/2012/11/9/3624636/killer-fail-how-romneys-broken-orca-app-cost-him-thousands-of-votes

How quickly you forget that 2010 was a huge year for conservatives. 2 years later it's time to throw it out? I don't think so. The liberals want us to be more like Europe. I don't want to be The EU. These things swing back and forth like a pendulem. By 2016 I'm fairly certain that enough people will be sick and tired of The Barry Show.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Thanks, when we want advice from left wingers on how to win elections, my ilk will let you know. This is the same ill advised advice lefties who have absolutely no business experience try to foist on others. Truth is lefties have got people so bullshitted, it may take generations to undo the damage done to the country.

>This is the same ill advised advice lefties who have absolutely no business
>experience try to foist on others.

And the same ill-advised lefties who were predicting a 300+ electoral vote victory for Obama. "you and your ilk" were all over that, telling everyone how wrong they were, "de-skewing" the results to make Romney look like he would win, claiming that it was all left wing liberal media bias.

How'd that work out for you?

>This is the same ill advised advice lefties who have absolutely no business
>experience try to foist on others.

And the same ill-advised lefties who were predicting a 300+ electoral vote victory for Obama. "you and your ilk" were all over that, telling everyone how wrong they were, "de-skewing" the results to make Romney look like he would win, claiming that it was all left wing liberal media bias.

How'd that work out for you?

Please show where I said such a thing seriously.