shah269

Man republicans are so slow...

Man these republicans are so freaking slow!
Hola dumb asses! obama and his gang were the architects of TARP and they were the ones who saved the banks over saving the middle class?
I mean hi you dumb asses! what are you doing?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Obama was a critical member of this.
Note how much money he obtained from the street.
And then he fucked up!
How many of those SCUM BUCKET BANKERS were able to not only keep their jobs but also got their yearly bump in pay?
And remember what Obama said?
"Well there is nothing we can do about it."
Republicans, remove your heads from your asses and go after this dumb ass!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

>How many of those SCUM BUCKET BANKERS were able to not only keep
>their jobs but also got their yearly bump in pay?

And scum bucket auto workers, and scum bucket contractors, and scum bucket retailers . . . and let's not forget those scum bucket people who managed to not only keep their homes but got a nice cut in their monthly bill.

I thought President Obama was the architect?!?!?!?

As is typical of your posts, I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm betting you don't either.

Actually he was one of the biggest proponents.
jesus h bushe's dumb ass friends may have built it but it was Obama's understanding of the financial system as well as his connection to wallstreet that got it passed so well.

And remember after tap was passed
1) All the scum buckets still got their bonuses for that year!

2) Many got to keep their jobs or were let go with a very nice thank you note!

3) And the one that should piss you off but it has not is...NO ONE WAS EVER ARRESTED!

3) And the one that should piss you off but it has not is...NO ONE WAS EVER ARRESTED!

1- how much were those bonuses when AUM were down 30-40% in 2008? No profits, no bonuses, that's the drill.

2- how many people lost their jobs? How many got a very nice thank you note? Try to supply real data. Look at the employees of Countrywide as a starting point.

3- arrested for what? Same old line of your's, still no answer.

Eric Schneiderman, who was elected New York attorney general almost two year ago, alleges that Bear Stearns systematically mis-sold mortgage-backed bonds to investors in the pursuit of profit. Buyers of the bonds lost $22.5bn in 2006 and 2007 alone as US house prices fell, according to the charges which Schneiderman announced at the Department of Justice in Washington on Tuesday.

I thought President Obama was the architect?!?!?!?

As is typical of your posts, I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm betting you don't either.

Actually he was one of the biggest proponents.
jesus h bushe's dumb ass friends may have built it but it was Obama's understanding of the financial system as well as his connection to wallstreet that got it passed so well.

you just make stuff up. i cannot figure out if your a troll or a complete moron.

1) many did not get a bonus, including myself and hundreds in my group. id venture that was not uncommon based on my real life experience in the business. As opposed to your delusional fantasy world of finance.

2)many did keep their jobs, including myself but thousands did not. ML, BS and LB were completely gone. so were most of those jobs. every firm has layed off additional and continue too. you'd know that if you actually followed the industry instead of making up your own facts.

3) i do not believe anyone was arrested, agreed. that is because losing money is not a crime. you're free to argue it should be but not free to imply people shoule be arrested for a crime that does not exist in our legal system.

as ive said many times before. you do not understand the topic which you choose to speak on. you really should find something else to discuss, you make a fool of yourself here.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

3) i do not believe anyone was arrested, agreed. that is because losing money is not a crime. you're free to argue it should be but not free to imply people shoule be arrested for a crime that does not exist in our legal system.

FRAUD is a crime. Civil charges were made just yesterday concerning fraud by BS. The NY AG strongly hinted on NPR that further charges, including possibly criminal, would be following.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

FRAUD is a crime. Civil charges were made just yesterday concerning fraud by BS. The NY AG strongly hinted on NPR that further charges, including possibly criminal, would be following.

the AG filed a civil suit against JP for the actions of BS, seeking damages, agreed. IMO, there will be no criminal charges. just my gut based on chatter ive heard. pure speculation and cannot be confirmed.

id like to reit that i strongly support criminal charges agains people who commit crimes. banking included.
John Frusciante

the AG filed a civil suit against JP for the actions of BS, seeking damages, agreed. IMO, there will be no criminal charges. just my gut based on chatter ive heard. pure speculation and cannot be confirmed.

id like to reit that i strongly support criminal charges agains people who commit crimes. banking included.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

>It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

i bet no where. not because that's what i want but because thats what i believe.

Gretchen M is dialed in at the NYT. She is anti Wall Street IMO but not a bully or a loon. she is actually pretty fair and in her own words likes to make the big shots accountable. her article was very non specific about money and people. that lends me to believe the AG is too. if anyone knows i bet its her.

Again, its my gut but i dont think this is a big event. if it was the AG would be more specific and the NYT would have been right on it.
John Frusciante

i bet no where. not because that's what i want but because thats what i believe.

Gretchen M is dialed in at the NYT. She is anti Wall Street IMO but not a bully or a loon. she is actually pretty fair and in her own words likes to make the big shots accountable. her article was very non specific about money and people. that lends me to believe the AG is too. if anyone knows i bet its her.

Again, its my gut but i dont think this is a big event. if it was the AG would be more specific and the NYT would have been right on it.

Well, they interviewed Schneiderman (sp?) on NPR yesterday, and he was hinting very clearly that more charges will follow.

We'll see.

Well, they interviewed Schneiderman (sp?) on NPR yesterday, and he was hinting very clearly that more charges will follow.

We'll see.

It is a political move only, if they really wanted to be serious they would have done it 2-3 years ago.

We'll see.

It is a political move only, if they really wanted to be serious they would have done it 2-3 years ago.

No kidding. It's 5 weeks till the election, 4 years after the events. And yet they're still just HINTING about charges that might come.

I'm sure there's some actionable shadiness from 2008. There's always some guys pushing the edge towards outright scams in the financial world. But that's not why it went to shit in 2008, anymore than fraud caused the Great Depression starting in 1929, or the dotcom bust in 2000.

People who are convinced otherwise need to read more than the Rolling Stone.

Eric Schneiderman, who was elected New York attorney general almost two year ago, alleges that Bear Stearns systematically mis-sold mortgage-backed bonds to investors in the pursuit of profit. Buyers of the bonds lost $22.5bn in 2006 and 2007 alone as US house prices fell, according to the charges which Schneiderman announced at the Department of Justice in Washington on Tuesday.

Bear Stearns is also out of business. No bonuses or jobs there.

A police constable on duty on the day of Hillsborough warned a judge-led inquiry into the disaster that there was a co-ordinated cover-up by South Yorkshire Police about failings of senior officers at the stadium, documents have revealed for the first time.

David Frost, who as a 21-year-old officer helped to treat fans in the Leppings Lane terraces, told the Lord Justice Stuart-Smith review in 1997 that his superiors made "wholesale changes" to the statements made by him and his fellow officers to "sanitise and protect themselves".

Mr Frost told the judge how, three days after the tragedy, on 19 April 1989, he and fellow policemen were taken to a pub by a senior officer and warned: "It's backs to the wall, boys. We've all got to say the same thing. Unless we all get our heads together and straighten it out, there are heads going to roll."

The damning testimony from Mr Frost, who quit the South Yorkshire force in anger following the cover-up, was heard behind closed doors at the Stuart-Smith inquiry, set up by then Home Secretary, Jack Straw. It has been made public for the first time in 450,000 documents published last week by the Hillsborough Independent Panel. The disclosure means that Mr Frost's evidence, if it had been recognised by the judge, would have revealed a cover-up by police 15 years ago, when many more relatives of the victims would have been alive.

a potentially potent defense:

"Many of the issues in the lawsuit had been previously addressed with HUD," Wells Fargo said. The bank said its FHA delinquency rates have been as low as half the industry average.

And Holder is as amusing as ever:

In answering a question, Holder said the timing of the announcements wasn't designed to boost President Obama's reelection effort. Obama has said that his administration will hold accountable those who led the nation into the Great Recession and those who took advantage of the victims.

(yet still only the bank is being sued, not any of the leadership)

WFC discussed this in their last 10Q. most believe they have ample reserves set aside for this litigation anyway. so it should not impact them much long term. thats good news for everyone, shareholders and account holders. the lead prosecutor in this suit has many insider convictions. word is he has been criticized for not going after banking enough. so this will calm his critics, he hopes.

FHA loans, are small and it would be hard to argue had anything to do with the housing crisis. with that said, if a bank commits fraud or acts unethical, they should be punished. i just dont think this is the big deal people like Shah or Kallend are hoping for. sorry to dissapoint.
John Frusciante

Hey some oversight is better than no oversight right?

And that's all i ever wanted.