brenthutch

Which one are you

Certainly there must be a way to run a business without fucking over the public. I know there are some that exist. I see far too many though that seem to think they have to fuck you, me and even their own employees over to sell their products.
I don't believe in heaven or hell, but if there is a hell, I certainly hope all those business owners end up there.

Ill put you and Kallend down for option 2

You're free to do whatever you want. I'll put you down for "lives in a binary world of black and white."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Certainly there must be a way to run a business without fucking over the public. I know there are some that exist. I see far too many though that seem to think they have to fuck you, me and even their own employees over to sell their products.

I don't believe in heaven or hell, but if there is a hell, I certainly hope all those business owners end up there.

Ill put you and Kallend down for option 2

You can put me down for "Quite satisfied with my regular car, my antique sports car and my airplane, thank you":P

Yep, definitely a 1%er.

Did you know the IRS is now accepting larger payments than what is due for those who don't think they pay enough in taxes?

I am using the story to illustrate the larger point, which is: am I more worried about how I can make my life better, or am I worried about how I can take other people down?

And you think Europeans, generally & overall, are into taking other people down? (Of course they had their historic period where they treated everybody else that way; but we can leave the discussion of the European Age of Imperialism for another time).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Big tobacco
Big oil
Big coal
Big auto
Big pharma
Big banks
Big education
Big labor
Big environmental
Big food
Big Apple
Big coffee

You missed a few. Strange.

I don't think he was making an all inclusive list, which would be quite long, but even on a short list you probably need to include;

Big religion

and big homeless industry
and big welfare industry
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

You've wrongly singled out Europeans here. The same thing is very much happening across the pond in North America. It is a sad state of affairs. It used to be in America when you looked at the Jones and rightfully or wrongfully envied what they had, people would make sacrifices and go the extra mile to achieve their dreams. These days when some envies the Jones, their reaction is "I want what they have and I will use wealth redistribution to get it".

But what do you expect. It's only going to get worse over time since we are raising children in a sanitized world where they never learn the lessons of winning and losing. Not sure if they are doing this in Europe, but here in Canada we are taking competition out of sports for our children because they feel children should not be exposed to the emotions of losing and these children are growing up not learning the lessons of how to overcome losing. Pretty soon we won't need to worry about ambitious people having more than other people because we are raising a whole generation of people with no drive what so ever to do anything in the world. We are raising a generation of people who will expect someone else (the government) to give them everything they need in life. What a sad state of affairs we as a society are heading towards. Life is very much about winning and losing and learning lessons from these experiences.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over