Stumpy

"Legitimate rape" won't make you pregnant

>It's Akin who thinks she's not innocent . . . .

Uh, OK. I can no longer figure out what you are trying to argue about so I will say "good day!"

Post #48

Akin said " I do not believe that harming another innocent victim is the right course of action."

Since asking a raped woman to carry her rapists child to term and give birth to it against her will is clearly harming her, it's apparent that he doesn't consider rape victims to be innocent.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The word "another" in that sentence makes it clear that he thinks that the woman has already been harmed, not that she's culpable somehow.

The fact that it does further harm to carry the pregnancy to term seems to escape him.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

***Are you missing the 'legitamate rape' part, where the clear insinuation is that women lie about being raped? That's the worst part of it for me. Not his blatant lack of education in biology (which he did later admit to), but what his statement says about victims of violence.... which he later reinforced by saying that he meant 'forcible rape'....as opposed to any other kind?

Maybe he truly believes that... but its unclear if he does based on what he said. It seems blatant that the guy just chose poor wordings (we all do).

It seems crystal clear what he believes. I can't see any part of it that can be waved away as a misstatement - he said what he meant to say and what he said was ridiculous.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?