mnealtx

Crap...another base shooting.

Very few details as of yet, pending notification of next of kin.

My prayers are with the victims.

Link

One U.S. Army soldier was killed Thursday and two others wounded when one soldier shot another, then turned the gun on himself at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, authorities said.

All three soldiers were from the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade, the installation said in a statement. The shooting occurred during a unit safety brief, said Fort Bragg spokesman Col. Kevin Arata.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What really makes me mad is, the whackos who do something like this, always 'turn the gun on themselves'. Damned cowards. It's bad enough our troops have to face what they do in battle but not at home. To the victims and their families go my prayers.

Chuck

What really makes me mad is, the whackos who do something like this, always 'turn the gun on themselves'. Damned cowards. It's bad enough our troops have to face what they do in battle but not at home. To the victims and their families go my prayers.

I'm a fence sitter on that part. In one end, yeah, killing themselves is basically a FUCK YOU to our wish to make em suffer. Yet it's just as annoying, far longer lasting, and more expensive when they use the decades long judicial process to rant on - take the killer in Norway, for example. And if they're truly whackos, they never get executed anyway, and potentially could be released some day if clarity returns.

People want to know "why" and they can't get that when the shooter offs himself. But I don't think they really get an answer most of the time anyway.

I'm a fence sitter on that part. In one end, yeah, killing themselves is basically a FUCK YOU to our wish to make em suffer. Yet it's just as annoying, far longer lasting, and more expensive when they use the decades long judicial process to rant on - take the killer in Norway, for example. And if they're truly whackos, they never get executed anyway, and potentially could be released some day if clarity returns.

People want to know "why" and they can't get that when the shooter offs himself. But I don't think they really get an answer most of the time anyway.

I think you're right. It's just aggravating and frustrating.

Chuck