brenthutch

Clobal warming related catastrophes are increasingly hitting vulnerable populations around the world!

>Yep and it is a fact that kids that listen to rock-n-roll are more likely to do drugs than
>kids who don’t. It is also a fact that kids that do drugs are more likely to become
>heroin addicts. So using your irrefutable logic listenting to U2 makes one more
>susceptible to heroin addiction that ones who are not.

Uh . . . ok then.

I think you are making a stretch. Bill's logic is fine. The problem that I see is that Bill's logic is founded upon one or more assumptions, and bill actually owned up. He understands and agrees and since he wore his assumption, I have no problem with his statement.

The assumption is the unknown. Bill, as I understand, gives a bit more credence to the climate studies because the methods being used are scientific. Thus,it is in his estimation, something more than a wild-assed guess and more of an estimate. I get that. That's fine.

It's pretty well known that tobacco increases the risks of cancer. Denying that is silly. But telling someone he'll get cancer for smoking is as silly as saying he won't get cancer. We don't know. There are uncertainties in life, and for those we give estimates - not guesses, per se, but estimates based upon the best information available.

On that, bill and I are actually pretty close together. It's simply a matter of the weight we give those estimates.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Yep and it is a fact that kids that listen to rock-n-roll are more likely to do drugs than
>kids who don’t. It is also a fact that kids that do drugs are more likely to become
>heroin addicts. So using your irrefutable logic listenting to U2 makes one more
>susceptible to heroin addiction that ones who are not.

Uh . . . ok then.

Works for me. It would take some pretty powerful painkillers for me to tolerate U2.